Thread: Problems tuning TunerproRT V5 VE Table and Cell Trace 1990 corvette

Fuel Injected!

Problems tuning TunerproRT V5 VE Table and Cell Trace 1990 corvette

I'm running an AEM EUGO wideband, Moates Ostrich II, TunerproRT V5. 32lb injectors 1990 corvette 6 speed, built motor I can't seem to get this thing to take in more fuel no matter what I do. It's running leaner than the wideband can show most of the time. I've tried adding massive amounts of fuel in the VE tables original values were around 60-80's I've put them all the way into the 90-120's with no noticeable change driving it, it is still too lean for my wideband to give me a reading. It idles okay in the 15's AFR. I've got matched 32lb injectors and set that in the scalars so then I tried changing that value both bigger and smaller. That did not make any difference either. I've tried using Cell Trace or Data Trace whatever you want to call it. It does not work properly. I set it all up but the highlighted cell is all wrong. sometimes it will sit in the 80 to 100 KPA cells and in the wrong RPM cells for minutes at a time while the engine is at idle. Obviously this should not be possible.

If I was with your vehicle, here is what I'd try: I would try stock .bin file with only the bare minimum deletes (VATS, EGR, CCP, and the like). I would keep all the injector parameters stock, even the injector flow. I would run an idle data log in closed loop. Make adjustments as need to the .bin based on the attached spreadsheet. I would then do a data log a residential speeds for about 15 minutes and continue making adjustments based on the attached spreadsheet. Hopefully progress is made??? I've had great results tuning with the attached spreadsheet. I don't know how to tune any other way. dave w

Fuel Injected!
    That's kinda where I'm at. I'm using the stock bin but I do have the 32lb injectors adjusted for it. Good news. I had changed the cylinder number in engine canstants to 8 previously. but I just noticed all of the other bins I've seen always use 0. After I did that the Cell tracing worked well for a little while until it crapped out for who knows what reason this time. It's also allowing fuel changes this time. I'm able to drive at more normal speeds now and was able to drive to the gas station. Now I need to find out why cell trace crapped out again.
    Last edited by Turbo Nasty; 12-13-2016 at 06:51 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I think when I adjusted the values over 100 it didn't like that. I will fix it tomorrow and see what happens. I noticed if I try to insert a value over 100 it knocks it back down to 99.61 as if that is the maximum value allowed.

Fuel Injected!
    I lowered the values under 99. Cell Trace still isn't working. It scrambles across the top row. Sometimes it doesn't show up at all. I need this working before I can take it to the dyno. I'm just guessing right now in order to tune it above 1600 rpm is going okay having a harder time tuning the "lower VE table" 400-1600RPM table. Idle is very rich 10:1 and same driving around the parking lot. I can't seem to get it to let me lean that out. Partly because I have no idea where in the map it is.

What data does the spreadsheet I post show? dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    What data does the spreadsheet I post show? dave w
    I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with that.

The instructions for using the spreadsheet are on the first page. You will need to export the data log from TunerPro RT as a .csv file, then configure the spreadsheet to process the .csv file. It can take several minutes for the spreadsheet to finish processing the data log. See attached screen shot of a TPI system successfully tuned with the spreadsheet. Maybe you can find someone who has good skills with Excel to help you? dave w

Can you post a TunerPro RT data log? dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Can you post a TunerPro RT data log? dave w
    Not at the moment. I need to order a moates ALDU1 to do that apparently.

Fuel Injected!
    Two issues going on it it's running really rich during warm up and if I drive it not fully warm yet. it seems to ignore the VE maps until it's warm, I tried adjusting the VE map while warming up to no avail. Where is it getting information from during warm up? Last week when it was warmer outside it would idle well after warmed up around 14.7-15.5 AFR. Now that it's a little cooler outside it idles rich around 10.5-11.2.
    Last edited by Turbo Nasty; 12-20-2016 at 11:11 AM.

I use this ALDL Cable: http://www.aldlcable.com/products/aldlobd1u.asp to data log with. Maybe the attached document will you configure the computer ('7730) to include the AFR's into the Data Log? dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I already ordered mine. Not sure when it will be here with all this holiday shipping going on.