Thread: hello new member here

Carb and Points!

Question hello new member here

hello i have a 53 Chevy project truck its on an S-10 chassie and i am using the Complete running gear out of a 94 Chevy astro van 4.3 tbi with a 4l60e transmission I have the ecu and the wiring harness that came out of it but I dont need all of the emission stuff So I was wondering if I can delete wire's from the harness and also how do i go about removing the unwanted items from the ecu and one last question which wires are for power to the ecu I wasn't the one who pulled the harness and they cut some of the wires on the harness . I have three wire down by the trans that i am not sure were they go they are purple gray and black with a white traser I would appreciate any help I would love to get this truck running also I have a painless wiring harness for the chassie thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to Gearhead EFI. In the following link you will find information on your PCM. Near the bottom of the page are the complete wiring diagrams for the PCM. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0D

Hope this helps,
    Brian

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    Hello and welcome to Gearhead EFI. In the following link you will find information on your PCM. Near the bottom of the page are the complete wiring diagrams for the PCM. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0DHope this helps,Brian
    Sturgillbd,Do you know where these same diagrams are located that can be printed clearly so you can read them, I pulled these down and when printed you cant read them. I do a swap with this harness and trying ti pair down the factory harness to what I need for the swap.Thanks for your time and helpKeith

Carb and Points!

Question 4.3 ecm question

I was looking at the ecm found my orange wire for constant power but In the E-15 and F-15 pin locations I don't have a pink color wire like the diagram shows. the wires color is pink/w a black tracer and and also the wire from the F-15 pin is missing can somebody please help me with this i need to get this part of wiring down so I can move on to other things