Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $OD Lean Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    Well, let me try this again. I guess I shouldn't post at 1 am. LOL. Anyways, MGTEK is asm11. It works fine in my Win 7 64 bit environment. Unfortunately, exbin which converts the S19 file to a bin doesn't work in Win 7 64 bit. I still have to do that on the laptop. I have a $0D file I got from dimented that I have edited heavily to a. match the bin I want to start with, and b. look the way I want it in Notepad++. Robert, if you would like to have a copy of it so you can see how it works (format wise) pm me with your email.
    Maybe you guys could find time to explain what an S19 file is? I know it is used to make changes in bin and I know it was origanlly intended to work in DOS but an updated version was made for windows. I took all the files from a S19 file for DOS and used them in a S19 file for windows and it works from command prompt in my Windows 7 84 bit... so maybe just the updated Windows S19 file would end this issue? S19 Windows files are in zip folder here.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...on-1227747-ECM

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Maybe you guys could find time to explain what an S19 file is? I know it is used to make changes in bin and I know it was origanlly intended to work in DOS but an updated version was made for windows. I took all the files from a S19 file for DOS and used them in a S19 file for windows and it works from command prompt in my Windows 7 84 bit... so maybe just the updated Windows S19 file would end this issue? S19 Windows files are in zip folder here.
    I'd like to find a write up on how to dissassemble a bin just so I can see what the programing language looks like. does anyone know where there are any writeups?
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Thanks to a lot of guys one inpaticular RBob most hacs are done! I learned this while wanting to learn the same thing and the more I learned the more I relaized I could be a better use doing other things that I have skills at like websites!

Here's a good thread on process...
    http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/di...sassembly.html

-= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    I think there is a write-up over at TGO in the tuning sticky. But if all you want to do is see the programming language, then look ata hack or the $0D fan code, it’s written the same as a hack, just neater.

Here are some tools to help you interpret what your reading:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    Well, let me try this again. I guess I shouldn't post at 1 am. LOL. Anyways, MGTEK is asm11. It works fine in my Win 7 64 bit environment. Unfortunately, exbin which converts the S19 file to a bin doesn't work in Win 7 64 bit. I still have to do that on the laptop. I have a $0D file I got from dimented that I have edited heavily to a. match the bin I want to start with, and b. look the way I want it in Notepad++. Robert, if you would like to have a copy of it so you can see how it works (format wise) pm me with your email.

sweet, the formatting it likes is the only thing stopping me from using it. just add @yahoo.com to my username here.

S19 is a file format that is generated by an assembler from a .ASM file. it's actually a bunch of hex code and addresses and checksums all rolled into a somewhat compact file. you then use a S19 patching utility (RBob's latest version works with 64-bit) to apply the S19 file to a target BIN. the problem is that there are very few assemblers that work natively in 64-bit to create a S19 file from an ASM.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by 93V8S10 View Post
    I think there is a write-up over at TGO in the tuning sticky. But if all you want to do is see the programming language, then look ata hack or the $0D fan code, it’s written the same as a hack, just neater.

Here are some tools to help you interpret what your reading:
    looks like some great info. lots of reading to do
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Fuel Injected!
    Well the files are there, numbers and locations would have to be changed. But that is beyond me?

I think what is does is fine though. Here's a look at XDF paramaters. 30 MPH IS TO LOW!!!
    I have used 25-30 mph for lean cruise for years. Plenty of times you are in 2nd or 3rd gear with the converter locked at no load in traffic where you are wasting fuel.

$OD can have the parameters reworked to run in a lean cruise like mode that actually works quite well. I used it with my TPI setup on my 305 Vortec. 20-21 mpg in a 5,500 lbs brick cruising 70-75 mph. Just make sure your VE tables are really dialed in before you try the open loop cruise.
    Last edited by Fast355; 02-10-2013 at 10:52 PM.

There was a guy here trying to get $0D to lean cruise, but never had luck getting it dialed in?

On my $42, it's not a tweak, but actual Lean Cruise, never had luck at 20 to 30 MPH, had to set MAP to low so load would kick it off. Then on highway MAP was to low for slight hills. I settled for 40 MPH, no issues on highway and it covers most of my non highway driving here.

-= =-

To invoke a old thread, but did anyone ever get Lean Cruise to work in a $0D or $E6??
    Jack of all trades, absolutely master of none! Too many projects, not enough time and limited funds.
    Geronimo, Guadalupe County, Texas
    1993 K1500 Suburban - SBC Refit retraining the TBI and Computer Control.
    2004 Z66 Avalanche 5;3 to 6.0 LQ9 upgrade - project pending

Carb and Points!
    I haven't played with it yet but there is the open loop afr vs temp vs vacuum table and the associated qualifiers that look like you could setup to open loop lean cruise. The description says it can also be used in closed loop mode but I'm curious as to what happens if you do that and the computer is calling for 16:1 closed loop afr with a narrowband o2 sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by 444 View Post
    I haven't played with it yet but there is the open loop afr vs temp vs vacuum table and the associated qualifiers that look like you could setup to open loop lean cruise. The description says it can also be used in closed loop mode but I'm curious as to what happens if you do that and the computer is calling for 16:1 closed loop afr with a narrowband o2 sensor.
    Interesting! Thanks for pointing that out. That will be another notebook once I finally get this truck running well without the added tweaks. Eventually it will be making some long highway runs out of state and the added fuel mileage would be a huge bonus.
    Learning as I go and trying to contribute when I can based on what I have learned.
    Jack of all trades, absolutely master of none! Too many projects, not enough time and limited funds.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by trlrider View Post
    Interesting! Thanks for pointing that out. That will be another notebook once I finally get this truck running well without the added tweaks. Eventually it will be making some long highway runs out of state and the added fuel mileage would be a huge bonus.
    Learning as I go and trying to contribute when I can based on what I have learned.
    From memory from playing with the AFR lockup table eons ago, the PCM disables fuel trims when the air/fuel ratio commanded is different than stoich. I had the lookup tables enabled and the BLMs or INTs never moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    From memory from playing with the AFR lockup table eons ago, the PCM disables fuel trims when the air/fuel ratio commanded is different than stoich. I had the lookup tables enabled and the BLMs or INTs never moved.
    you

FAST355, your input is greatly appreciated. I am learning this TBI/EFI stuff and have learned much from your post on this and the 3rd Gen forums.

Carb and Points!
    I did some more reading and from what I gather, once you have your VE table perfectly dialed in stock/closed loop mode you can then set your calibration to run in open loop full-time. When you do this the computer refers to the open loop AFR tables and extrapolates fueling based on the assumption your VE table is perfect and = 14.7 AFR. Which if you think about it is pretty handy they did it that way.

Check out the pdf I attached. In it the author says what he did is scrapped the EGR valve, set EGR fueling modifiers to 0 and set the EGR timing modifier map to duplicate the extra timing the old TBI highway mode did. By monkeying with the EGR qualifiers you could set it add the extra timing only when at a steady high-map cruise with the engine at full operating temp. A neat work-around I would like to try!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 444 View Post
    I did some more reading and from what I gather, once you have your VE table perfectly dialed in stock/closed loop mode you can then set your calibration to run in open loop full-time. When you do this the computer refers to the open loop AFR tables and extrapolates fueling based on the assumption your VE table is perfect and = 14.7 AFR. Which if you think about it is pretty handy they did it that way.

Check out the pdf I attached. In it the author says what he did is scrapped the EGR valve, set EGR fueling modifiers to 0 and set the EGR timing modifier map to duplicate the extra timing the old TBI highway mode did. By monkeying with the EGR qualifiers you could set it add the extra timing only when at a steady high-map cruise with the engine at full operating temp. A neat work-around I would like to try!
    Have that Tuning .pdf printed and use for reference. It has notes written on the first several pages. LOL!