Thread: Question for Dave W.

Fuel Injected!

Question for Dave W.

Dave: When you are tuning for AFR with the Ostrich and Tunerpro, what is selected for display other than fuel VE table. Have finally gotten the data tracing to work. Have tried the history displays of AFR along with VE and am getting what appear to be bogus numbers on the AFR history display selections. Please advise. Thanks.

Please post the .adx, .xdf, and .bin file you are using. dave w

Fuel Injected!

Question for Dave W.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Please post the .adx, .xdf, and .bin file you are using. dave w
    Dave: Attached are the requested files. Thanks.

The files worked for me. Maybe playback the attached Cold start drive 11 19 16.xdl file and see if you get the same History Average? Maybe the WBO2 wiring or AFR setup needs a second look? dave w

Fuel Injected!

Question for Dave W.

The files worked for me. Maybe playback the attached Cold start drive 11 19 16.xdl file and see if you get the same History Average? Maybe the WBO2 wiring or AFR setup needs a second look? dave w
    Thanks Dave. Had already used the setup parameters you posted. Will use the selection that you chose for the history and run once again to see what the results are. The AFR voltage is going in on the EGR analog input coming from an Innovate Motorsports LM-1. Order and received an AEM WBo2 gauge today. Poor quality. The rotary set switch has no detents turning it feels like a pot. Having a good AFR gauge with analog output will eliminate having to setup LM-1 each time it is powered up. Then I can also install it in the pickup where the engine on the run-in stand will be going. How did you run the three files sent to you to attain the history output? Just curious. Thanks again for all your help.

To playback a data log ... From the TunerPro RT tool bar ... Acquisition - Load log file. I then hit play to watch the log playback. By the way, the data log I posted was recorded using an Innovate 3844 MTX-L that was reconfigured for 0V=10 AFR / 5V=20 AFR. The AEM 30-4110 is factory set to 0V=10 AFR / 5V = 20 AFR, which makes it Plug-N-Play ready for TunerPro RT. dave w

Fuel Injected!
    To playback a data log ... From the TunerPro RT tool bar ... Acquisition - Load log file. I then hit play to watch the log playback. By the way, the data log I posted was recorded using an Innovate 3844 MTX-L that was reconfigured for 0V=10 AFR / 5V=20 AFR. The AEM 30-4110 is factory set to 0V=10 AFR / 5V = 20 AFR, which makes it Plug-N-Play ready for TunerPro RT. dave w
    Dave: That is exactly what I did and got similar results. Finally getting better at this stuff. With the quality of the AEM 30-4110 gauge, likely will send it back to Amazon. Has the Innovate 3844 MTX-L been a good gauge for you. Have avoided the Innovate stuff because of calibrating the O2 sensor in free air. In order to recalibrate, must get under the truck and remove O2 sensor from the exhaust. Sent Email to AEM regarding two problems with gauge I received. Wondering if they would do something about it.Still wondering how you ran and captured history table with the files sent to you. Just CURIOUS.

Your .adx, .bin, & .xdf are the files I used. I used my own WBO2 .xdl file (data log), which you did not post. The Innovate is likely a better overall product vs. AEM. I used the term reconfigured, not re-calibrate. Reconfigure is using the MTX-L software (Log Works) to set 0V = 10 AFR / 5V = 20 AFR. It can be very challenging for someone to come up to speed with TunerPro RT, adding Innovate Log Works software into the tuning learning curve could be the straw that breaks the camels back? dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Your .adx, .bin, & .xdf are the files I used. I used my own WBO2 .xdl file (data log), which you did not post. The Innovate is likely a better overall product vs. AEM. I used the term reconfigured, not re-calibrate. Reconfigure is using the MTX-L software (Log Works) to set 0V = 10 AFR / 5V = 20 AFR. It can be very challenging for someone to come up to speed with TunerPro RT, adding Innovate Log Works software into the tuning learning curve could be the straw that breaks the camels back? dave w
    Dave: I agree. Have tried to work my way thru Log Works. Found it user un-friendly. Did not pursue it any further. Still learning Tunerpro. Thanks again.