Thread: 1228747 Turbo 400 $4F

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Yes I'd like to have them as I don't know how it works and would like too!

Thanks for the info! So same switch in trans would work triggered elsewhere? Right?
    The attached wiring schematic shows both the TH400 Kickdown Relay and the TCC wiring. Pin A7 on the '8747 is wired as either AT Kickdown / Shift Light (manual trans). Pin A7 on the '7747 is wired as either TCC / Shift Light (manual trans).

The pictures below shows a TH400 accelerator / gas pedal mounted kickdown switch. I would image most any junkyard that specializes in light truck would have a TH400 accelerator / gas pedal mounted kickdown switch.

The wiring is very basic. Remove Pin A7 from the '8747 and connect the wire from Pin A7 to one (does not matter which one) of the termianls on the TH400 accelerator / gas pedal mounted kickdown swich. The other terminal of the TH400 accelerator / gas pedal mounted kickdown swich is wired to Battery Negative. Adjust the TH400 accelerator / gas pedal mounted kickdown switch as outlined in a GM service manual. Sometimes a thick rubber hose needs to be installed on the tan plastic plunger of the TH400 accelerator / gas pedal mounted kickdown switch to get the kickdown where you like it.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Dave!

The 1227747 can do Turbo 400 too! Look at pin A7.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-