Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TunerPro comprehensive XDF for 0411 PCM - with Checksums

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by brian617 View Post
    Anyone have a 5.7 4l80e Express van .bin for this 0411 XDF?
    Try this one ...

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    LRT, thanks for sharing the XDF you've streamlined. Looks great! Question: I've saved a copy of the "512Kb PCM OS Checksum Plugin.dll" in the *\Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins folder, but it's not loading into TunerPro's "About Plug-ins" window after restart? Is there an additional step I need to take to integrate this plug-in to update the OS checksum? And if you (anyone?) don't mind: how can I verify the checksums are good after my changes? I saved my *bin, then opened it with EFILive, and EFILive shows a green check mark for each segment? And I'm curious - there seem to be lots of very advanced calibrations available for editing, but (to me) some other simpler calibrations aren't available? Do you (or anyone else) know why? Are some calibrations much harder to find than others? For examples: coil dwell settings (like 12650 in HPT) and end of injection timing (like 3120 in HPT)?
    The parameters that I included in the XDF were primarily from the multitude of parameters that Dimented24x7 originally defined.

I attempted to select parameters that would likely be used the most frequently, or were most likely to help with typical tuning issues.

The parameters that you mentioned - coil dwell and injection timing - are not ones that a DIY tuner has the knowledge to alter appropriately, and as such, would likely be rarely used.

Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    Try this one ...
    Thank you!
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    I just wish the free flash utility had not disappeared. It is ridiculous how much it costs to tune ones of these 15 year old pcm's. There was at least two different people I heard about making one, and neither one has come out. I can not help to think the big tuning companies caught wind of them and bought them out, as they would have a lot to lose if they did.
    Dimented24x7 did release free flash software for both black box and 0411 pcms that work. I have working copies of both, requires avt cable. It was antus's tool that never made it past the read stage but even it is a powerful tool when used in combination with other software.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Dimented24x7 did release free flash software for both black box and 0411 pcms that work. I have working copies of both, requires avt cable. It was antus's tool that never made it past the read stage but even it is a powerful tool when used in combination with other software.
    Which AVT cable? Care to share the software or link to software?
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by brian617 View Post
    Which AVT cable? Care to share the software or link to software?
    Both can be found in the pages of this thread. AVT-852 http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-p...e-reflash.html

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Both can be found in the pages of this thread. AVT-852 http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-p...e-reflash.html
    THANKS!

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by babywag View Post
    If EFILive shows the checksum(s) are okay then it's working. If the checksum(s) were bad EFILive would notify you after loading the .bin and ask if you wanted to correct them.
    Thanks @babywag! I'll give my tunes checksum check in EFILive to be sure the checksums are good.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    The parameters that I included in the XDF were primarily from the multitude of parameters that Dimented24x7 originally defined. I attempted to select parameters that would likely be used the most frequently, or were most likely to help with typical tuning issues. The parameters that you mentioned - coil dwell and injection timing - are not ones that a DIY tuner has the knowledge to alter appropriately, and as such, would likely be rarely used.
    LRT, don't discredit yourself either - I see a few new parameters that were not defined in Dimented24x7's XDF. And I certainly appreciate your organization; looks much easier to navigate and edit. For the coil dwell settings, you're right, it's not something often edited, but it's easily used if the coils are swapped. For example - I'm starting off with a 2001 Firebird calibration, but I'm swapping in the D585 truck coils. This swap alone is nearly worthless unless I could also bump up the dwell settings these coils are capable of. I hope to figure out where these are located. For the injection timing, my cam has more valve overlap. I'm curious to see if the injection timing could help save my cats??

Electronic Ignition!
    Curious - are any of you using Firefox? I'm using v50.1.0, and I can't get my posts to keep the \newline commands. All my replies are being bunched together as one long post, ugh. \n Also I didn't get any email notification of replies to my post in this thread, but got emails from the other thread. Strange? - I think LRT figured this out: *** had to switch from the WYSISYG editor, to the standard editor *** I'll try this.
    Last edited by Chas; 12-20-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Chas,

Version 4 has been posted.

I added the Coil Dwell Time table.

I also added End of Injection Target (EOIT) constant and table. Good thing Dimented24x7 had already defined this table, as I would never have figured it out on my own.
    Last edited by LRT; 12-22-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Wow!Thank you for sharing this! Can't wait to to get it on my laptop.

Electronic Ignition!
    Incredible work LRT.
    Dimented24x7 and you don't give yourselves enough credit. Frankly, I wouldn't be taking on my project now if it wasn't for Dimented24x7 and you.

Fuel Injected!
    This is probably the wrong place to ask this but i'm wondering what table(s) defined in these XDFs one would use to adjust how fast the RPMs drop off in between shifts on a manual car? i'm using a 2001 f-body LS1 OS to drive an LS4 in my MGB. I have a Ford V8 T5 behind it. The RPMs drop off just a little faster than I'd like.Thank you

Fuel Injected!
    Too funny ... a common complaint on a conversion project is the RPM "hanging", or taking too long to return to idle ... you are having the opposite experience.

OK ... couple of assumptions ... that you are using a tune for a manual transmission vehicle, and that you have a clutch switch wired to the PCM (so it knows when you are clutch in / out while changing gears).

If so, then go to the "Idle" folder in the XDF. Take a look at the Rolling Idle and Throttle Follower parameters. You may want to add a small amount of airflow, or slow the decay rate of the removal of Throttle Follower air (extra airflow).

If this does not cause the RPMs to settle more slowly to idle (your goal), then take a look at the Throttle Cracker parameters.

Generally, a small change in airflow may make a significant difference. Proceed slowly, and be prepared for the RPM to "hang" if you go too far.