Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TunerPro comprehensive XDF for 0411 PCM - with Checksums

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

TunerPro comprehensive XDF for 0411 PCM - with Checksums

Firstly, I take no credit for any of this. Dimented24x7 was the highly talented individual who made all of this possible. He wrote a flash utility (read & write) for the 12200411 PCM, and also developed multiple TunerPro XDF files for 2001 model year Operating System 12202088.

Several years ago when a "free" flash utility appeared to be on the horizon, I began work on merging and streamlining the multiple XDF files created by Dimented24x7, into a single comprehensive XDF file.

When the free flash utility failed to emerge, I abandoned this XDF project.

After reading numerous posts over the past few months, I realized that there were people still trying to make all of this work.

So, I recently finished what I had started several years ago.

Please read the attached PDF document BEFORE using the XDF files. You must make certain that the attached DLL file (plug-in) has been saved to the correct folder on your computer, before the initial opening of the XDF file.

Safeguards (maximum & minimum limits) have been placed on all of the parameters, to reduce the risk of a flash that could damage (brick) the PCM. All parameters include narrative comments to assist the user with better understanding what the parameter does, and what units (e.g. miles / PSI / seconds) the parameter uses and references.

These XDF files are for use with the 2001 and 2002 PCM (512Kb), with Service Number 12200411. The Operating System (OS) in the PCM must be either 12202088 or 12208322.

Vehicles that used OS12202088 in the 2001 model year:

- Camaro & Firebird (5.7L V8)
    - Corvette (often upgraded to OS12593358)
    - Holden (many models - some were upgraded to OS12225074)
    - S10 Pickup & Blazer (4.3L V6)
    - Astro & Safari minivan (4.3L V6)
    - Full-size truck, SUV, and van (including 8.1L engines)

OS12208322 was an upgrade of OS12202088, mainly for light duty trucks. Vehicles that used OS12208322 in the 2001 model year:

- S10 Pickup & Blazer (4.3L V6)
    - Astro & Safari minivan (4.3L V6)
    - Full-size truck, SUV, and van (including 8.1L engines)

As you can see from the above lists, you could run just about any early LS type engine (using a 3x, 4x, or 24x Crankshaft Position Sensor), and the accompanying transmission, using either of these two Operating Systems.

The ZIP file attached contains two XDF files, one DLL file, and one PDF document. Please read the PDF document before attempting to use the other files with TunerPro.

*** discovered intermittent display issues when attempting to use these larger XDFs with older versions of TunerPro - sometimes a table will open, but will be blank ***

*** update to TunerPro Build 5.00.8944.00 (released December 2016) ***

Change Log:

2016-11-26 - Version 1 posted

2016-11-27 - Version 2 posted
    - Transmission Range Switch / Gear Indicator Type added
    - VIN (possible alternate location) added

2016-11-29 - Version 3 posted
    - fixed how the VIN is display, and set limits on user input changes (i.e. only numbers 0 to 9, and letters A to Z are allowed)

2016-12-22 - Version 4 posted
    - added End of Injection Target (EOIT) constant and table (for fuel injectors)
    - added Coil Dwell Time table (for ignition coils)

2017-01-03 - Version 5 posted
    - added Calibration Segment Information table (the calibration number of each segment)
    - added Checksum Information table (the calculated Checksum value of each segment)
    - changed the Transmission Gear Ratios to be displayed in a single table (rather than as 5 separate parameters)
    - added Transmission Slip Test diagnostic parameters (4 new parameters)
    - added Transmission Over Temperature diagnostic parameters (2 new parameters)
    Last edited by LRT; 02-07-2017 at 03:44 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Also, all parameters in the XDFs have been referenced to EFILive's cataloguing system (e.g.B4001 - Fuel Injector Flow Rate). When I started this project HP Tuner's had not adopted such a system, but they now have. In future, I would probably referenced these to the HP Tuner's parameter numbers, as it is likely the more popular software.

TunerPro has a search feature to find available parameters in the XDF. Go to the "Tools" menu, select "Parameter Finder", then enter the EFILive parameter reference (B4001 for example) in the "Word(s)" window.

This may make initially navigating the XDFs a little easier.

Trying to insert an image ...

Attachment 11429
    Last edited by LRT; 02-13-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Nice work!
    Can you add this to .xdf?
    Tony

'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (aka Babywag)
    '67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

I just wish the free flash utility had not disappeared. It is ridiculous how much it costs to tune ones of these 15 year old pcm's.
    There was at least two different people I heard about making one, and neither one has come out. I can not help to think the big tuning companies caught wind of them and bought them out, as they would have a lot to lose if they did.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    I just wish the free flash utility had not disappeared. It is ridiculous how much it costs to tune ones of these 15 year old pcm's. There was at least two different people I heard about making one, and neither one has come out. I can not help to think the big tuning companies caught wind of them and bought them out, as they would have a lot to lose if they did.
    Dimented24x7 did release free flash software for both black box and 0411 pcms that work. I have working copies of both, requires avt cable. It was antus's tool that never made it past the read stage but even it is a powerful tool when used in combination with other software.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Dimented24x7 did release free flash software for both black box and 0411 pcms that work. I have working copies of both, requires avt cable. It was antus's tool that never made it past the read stage but even it is a powerful tool when used in combination with other software.
    Which AVT cable? Care to share the software or link to software?
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by babywag View Post
    Nice work!
    Can you add this to .xdf?
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    Done.
    Thx, It's a handy setting for swaps with old school auto trans./manual trans.
    You might also enable VIN change?
    Here in CA it is mandatory that the VIN matches for smog testing.
    There are probably other states that have a similar requirement.

It can be changed via hex editing though, and doesn't break anything.
    Seems that portion of code is not included in checksum.

I can't speak specifically for the individuals who worked on a free flash.
    I think in Dimented's situation he accomplished his goals and life got in the way of continuing?
    He was very helpful when I emailed him during my $OD MAF install.
    Pretty sure $ didn't really have anything to do with his LSFlash project?
    Tony

'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (aka Babywag)
    '67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Fuel Injected!
    Fixed.

I didn't recall that I had initially locked down the VIN (preventing it being changed). That's what happens when you try to complete something that you started years prior.

The VIN should normally be at the primary location. Sometimes it may be at the alternate location.

Just make certain not to make any changes, if the original displayed parameter is not in proper VIN form. Do NOT change the leading cell designated as "NULL".

Changing the non-VIN area would likely result in a bricked PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you again for your detailed response! I'll look into putting something in place for the CPP switch....maybe a relay off of the cruise clutch switch.

My cruise module is off of a 2000 Cadillac with a Northstar motor. I'm using info from this thread:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...driven-tb.html

I am using my VSS signal to the module. It really is just a wiring exercise to install mostly....pretty easy so far.

Thanks again for all your help.

Have a good holiday!

Carb and Points!
    LRT that looks great! I didn't know you could rename and create folders for the parameters like you did (been playing with TunerPro for over 2 years and had no idea). I haven't had a chance to open your XDF so I don't know if you were able to include the Auto Trans tables as well. I had taken what dimented24x7 had completed for the engine parameters and expanded for the auto trans parameters that at least were covered by EFILive. I had shared them over on Thirdgen, but if you would like I can share them here as well. I don't know how much interest there is, but I finally found a freeware CPU32 disassembler that does a fairly decent job and was able to get a workable disassembly of a 1263246 OS used in the later Green/Blue connector PCM's (I'm not positive, but I believe this would probably be the latest and last OS used in these; it's from an '06) and am working on mapping the parameters the same as done for the 12202088. I've so far identified most of the spark advance parameters, except for the flex fuel adders. This PCM could open up the ability for those to use the Flex Fuel sensor and be able to run both with out having to commit to one fuel or the other. It still also has all the capability to run a SB 350 with a distributor, even though there was no actual calibration that supported this. It would require the All the programming is still there and could be easily setup. If anyone is interested in possibly using this PCM, I'll share as I get it created and try to do the XDF in the same layout as LRT. I can also help do an Auto Checksum like what LRT did, if I can be given a little instruction on how to or a source code for the .dll.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by james_adams2006 View Post
    I don't know if you were able to include the Auto Trans tables as well.
    Yes, I added the transmission parameters that I believed would be used the most by DIY tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by james_adams2006 View Post
    I can also help do an Auto Checksum like what LRT did, if I can be given a little instruction on how to or a source code for the .dll.
    Regarding the 512 Kb PCM Checksum Plug-in, see the post linked below.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post62661

This was the basis of the Checksum Plug-in that I included with the XDF attached in post #1 of this thread.

I recall creating a Checksum Plug-in for the 1 Mb PCM as well. This was several years ago, before I originally abandoned all of this. This may be on my old XP Notebook, or I may have been pissed off and deleted it (I deleted a lot of what I had started working on when the "free" flash utility failed to materialize).

Fuel Injected!
    Post #1 has been updated - I posted Version 5 of the XDF.

Please update your TunerPro software, per the comments in post #1.
    Last edited by LRT; 01-03-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks! I came across this post during work and don't have TunerPro installed here so wasn't able to look at the XDF other than the pictures. But it looks a lot neater. Thanks for the link. I've identified the memory ranges and the checksum locations for the 1MB OS so it should really only need to replace the addresses to look at and the new checksum location to update. I have a copy of dimented's flash tool. I will admit, in 2 years, I have not actually tried it as my projects haven't progressed as a thought to require tuning yet, but a lot of users over on Thirdgen said that it worked and was capable of reading and flashing calibration sections without issue on the 512kb and 1mb pcm's. I believe, however, that people were having issues with bricking PCM's if an entire OS reflash was attempted. I'm not sure what the actual issue was, but I believe this is what turned people away and proceeded to say it was all a hack because he hadn't responded in a while or fixed. I know that with the effort put into the disassembly and the programming for the flash tool that his intent was not to brick peoples PCM's. With all things done DIY, it takes time, effort, and dedication, and sometimes priorities shift and other life matters must come before the hobby. But I'm glad there are others still working on this (I know I'm still deciphering the code after 2 years just on the 512kb and only jumped to the 1MB for the opportunities more memory could do for custom code). I hope that someone can pick up on the flashing tool where others left off. I would, but without source code, I'll be honest, I don't know where to start.

Carb and Points!
    Hi There!
    Im sorry if this is a silly question, but im struggling to find in this thread where to download the XDF and DLL files?
    Dave