Thread: An observation with $0D mask

An observation with $0D mask

I was playing around with O2 switch points vs airflow in the fuel trims. Ive noticed if you move them lets say 100 mV in the low airflow portions of the tables, the PCM will hang in PE mode until you either key off or drop under the minimum MPH for PE. Anyone else successfully moved the O2 switchpoints around much in here and got it to work?

Would that maybe be a real deal bug? Programming induced? Interesting for sure.

Doesn't do that with $OE, for anyone wondering.
    94 Blazer, Turbo'd 350 TBI - DD
    1991 2500 Suburban Adventure truck - 4wd conversion, 4-link F/R, 582ci CNP Big Block with Terminator X EFI backed by a 6L90 and twin stick'd NP205 t-case
    2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo - Date night car :)
    1979 16' Action Marine/"Johnny Cash" Merc Bridgeport Champ Motor - Metalflake Maniac

I noticed I started killing plugs in my jeep after changing heads and putting a bigger cam in it. I started tuning and noticed I was chasing my tail with BLM's. I paid attention to the dash and noticed that once it entered PE, It would stay in PE until I came back to idle and the VE/Spark tables switched to idle. For now I just adjusted the O2 settings for Idle and havent messed with fuel trims any more. Its turned off cold here and I have no top on the jeep. Kinda rough pulling 55 mph plus datalogs and it being in the high 20s and low 30s :) Maybe Fast355 or one of the other $0D gurus will chime in. Thanks for the reply Brian

Fuel Injected!
    might raise the throttle % up high to turn pe off till you get blm's adjusted.. I had one file steady cruise and for no reason my data log would show blm going to 240 from 124,i guess it was corrupt.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    I was playing around with O2 switch points vs airflow in the fuel trims. Ive noticed if you move them lets say 100 mV in the low airflow portions of the tables, the PCM will hang in PE mode until you either key off or drop under the minimum MPH for PE. Anyone else successfully moved the O2 switchpoints around much in here and got it to work?
    Never have seen that problem....Try a different .XDF file and see if something is wrong with the changes you made in the .BIN. Suppose it could be Cat over temp protection.

I had raised the throttle % up during tuning and had re-enabled. Datalogged after that and that is when I noticed after PE was activated, It stayed in. Going to wait for it to warm up some and get it back out and test a few settings and see at what point it gets stuck in PE. I drove it this eve for a bit. I need to be able to target a lower voltage to lean the engine out some at low airflows. (Ie crusing through tow in high gear around 15-20 mph with very light throttle) Brian

I copied tables out of the bin I was working on and started over with a fresh copy of BJYM. It no longer hangs in PE when the O2 voltage threshold vs airflow tables are adjusted. Something had become corrupt I guess. I will do a bin compare and see where it went wrong. It was definitely odd. Did some datalogs and tuning today and I ended up enriching the low airflow parts of the tables and the engine runs much better. The factory settings for 0 and 16 were obviously too lean. Factory was 382 MV on both and moved them to 400 for 0 and 417 for 16. I need to weld a bung and install my wideband now.

Fuel Injected!
    I have that happen a lot[ getting corrupted ] I think it could be the chips I have or the programming soft ware gets a glitch in it.

Fuel Injected!
    I copied tables out of the bin I was working on and started over with a fresh copy of BJYM. It no longer hangs in PE when the O2 voltage threshold vs airflow tables are adjusted. Something had become corrupt I guess. I will do a bin compare and see where it went wrong. It was definitely odd. Did some datalogs and tuning today and I ended up enriching the low airflow parts of the tables and the engine runs much better. The factory settings for 0 and 16 were obviously too lean. Factory was 382 MV on both and moved them to 400 for 0 and 417 for 16. I need to weld a bung and install my wideband now.
    My old G20 van liked the 02 tables in the low 600mv range.

The factory settings for 0 and 16 were obviously too lean. Factory was 382 MV on both and moved them to 400 for 0 and 417 for 16. I need to weld a bung and install my wideband now.
    Which tables did you adjust?
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto