Thread: will 7749 run injectors the same as 8707 with duel batch fire

Fuel Injected!

will 7749 run injectors the same as 8707 with duel batch fire

I was wondering if the 1989 turbo sunbird 7749 ran the injectors in the same as the 1990 grand am8707 for a while but I'm looking at the wiring diagrams and found that #2 and #4 injectors are switched. I didn't see this before, I had some quiet time today :-) The 707 on a quad-4 has a duel batch fire type thing and in the diagram for 707 injector order is 1-4, 3-2 where 749 is 1-2, 3-4 and the sy/ty code59 bin I'm filling in only has one colmn for injector batt volt offset where 707 stock aydx bin has 2 columns, 1 for double fire and 1 for single fire. If 749 with code59 is bin is single batch I guess it won't matter?? Or I have to make an injector wire extension. No prob to just wire it up but I would like to know how it's goin to work more than anything. As always I REALLY appreciate everyone's help!!!

Administrator
    All of the injectors will be triggered at the same time so it doesn't really matter which cylinders are paired. How often they are triggered depends on the fueling mode programmed into the memcal as well as the software The Sunbird memcals are usually set for four cylinder pfi mode which opens the injectors every other reference pulse. Some of the quad 4's are set up (believe it or not) as TBI mode which means all four injectors can be triggered every reference pulse. I'd have to look at a schematic for the 7749 to confirm but I don't believe the injectors can alternate. I believe single and double fire mode refers to the frequency of injector triggering rather than how many injectors are triggered.

FWIW code59 has "quasi-asynchronous batch fire" which I believe is similar to a double fire mode. In this mode the injectors are triggered every 4th reference pulse for 2x the duration.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok cool thank you :-) I was curious so I switched em and put bullet connectors on to play with in case didn't like it.....uhh didn't think about it till just now if bullet connectors would throw off injector in some way??I switched to code59 and 7749 today but I can't get it to idle. It is rich. I can't get fan to shut off but no cel so not sure if it's going into limp mode or what. First start after I put new chip in (won't emulate for some reason now) it idles high for 30-45 seconds then slowly dies. I bought ecm off eBay with bend ground pin so trying to figure out if it's any good or not. It had rough idle and seemed to drive ok but couple miles and it just wouldn't idle. I also can't get injector offset vs batt volt or bpw to save anything except zeros........everything I touch gets amplified in complicity!!!!! When I find time I'll have to go read how to set up a laptop again to see if all that stuff is right, ribbon cable too GRRRR I can't win for loosin!!Anyways thanks man I'm gonna keep trying
    Last edited by BigBanks78; 12-02-2016 at 09:25 AM.