Thread: Hello from Eastern Virginia

Carb and Points!

Hello from Eastern Virginia

Hello. I just got a 1995 Riviera SC with 48K miles. Nice car. I am a retired EE and just getting into this engine stuff.

Electronic Ignition!

Welcome

Hello riv95nut, I'm relatively new here myself. I retired early from GM Powertrain in Lansing MI doing exactly the things that the guys and gals are doing with the EFI stuff, except I was paid for it. Best job I ever had and no complaints for all the other jobs. I might even have an engine control module for a 1994 Buick Ultra SC somewhere here. If you might be able to use it, let me know. Regards, Mickey

Carb and Points!

Reply to Mickey

Mickey,This car was given to me by my aging mother in law who loved it. She didnt take car of the paint! Scratches everywhere from trash cans being dragged by it. Everything worked, except the radio which I replaced with a Retro Newport. Changed sparkplugs from the top, I will not do that again. Got the service manual. This is a complicated car. Actually I was thinking about getting a spare ECM for trouble shooting purposes.Let me know what you want for the ECM. Enjoy your retirement.Bruce

Electronic Ignition!
    Bruce, things have been quite hecktick(sp?) around the old homestead lately and with family gatherings coming up, it may be after the first of the year before I can put my hands on the Buick Ultra ECM. It is actually at my sons house downstate MI. He read the PN's to me and they are: Service# 16183247 with Calibration Broadcast Code BKKF, in case you might want to research for compatibility. I'm pretty sure it works for 1994/95 3800 SC. regards, Mick

Carb and Points!

to Mickey,

Thats the correct ECM number for a 95 SC Riv. I will do some reseach on the broadcast code. No hurry.
    95 Riviera SC 50K miles