I have a 1994 K1500, manual trans, 16196395, and an cable from aldlcable.com.

I've been able to connect fine to my truck for years without any issues. Been recently working on some tuning and data logging. One day I put my fresh burned chip in, turned on the truck, and hit connect, like I always have, and it wouldn't connect. I didn't change anything about the adx, or any settings in tunerpro, just burned a new chip. I tried an older bin on a different chip, and it connected fine, so I figured bad chip.
Well after a while it wouldn't connect with either chip, no matter what bin I used. At one point I went for a test drive while it was trying to connect, and it finally connected after a while, but I got a ton of errors in the data.

I tried putting the stock eeprom in, no connection.
Checked the wire connections between the ecu and data port, and they all seem fine.
I always check com port settings, they're fine.
Tried an older ftdi driver, no connection.
Tried a brand new laptop (both are Asus running windows 10) with a fresh copy of tunerpro and the adx file, that didn't help.
Bought one of these ftdi usb cables: http://www.ebay.com/itm/401105576521 , Tunerpro recognizes the cable with the RX/TX wires crossed, and hyperterminal will echo fine. I backpined it directly to the ECU (rx/tx to orange/blk data line, ground to black/white), no dice.
I bought a 16197427, unopened with stock eeprom, plugged it in today and I still can't connect with either cable.

Other than that, everything works fine. No check engine light. Jumping the data port gives code 12.

It went from working fine to not working at all in a matter of a few minutes. Please please HelP!