Thread: stupid tuner pro rt question

Fuel Injected!

stupid tuner pro rt question

Hello all,

It has been a few years since i used my tunerpro and auto prom and for the life of me i cannot figure out how to burn the chip. seams like something is missing from the toolbar.

I can upload/download the bin to the bin to the emulator but i can not remember how to burn it. I have been running off the emulator for 8 months now and can not find my OEM stock chip.

Don't laugh, please help.

Thanks,
    Chris

Tools, Hardware Utilities, Moates PROM I/O. Should bring up built in flash and burn software.

HTH,
    Brian

Fuel Injected!
    Brian,

Thank you,

I might have a bigger problem now than that. When i hooked it back up to run off of the auto prom, nothing reads or changes with a bin upload. It is running poor and not reading the bin. I drastically changed the timing in the bin while emulating and no change.

Also, I use win aldl to data log and i can not get a stream from that port now.

Later tonight i will burn the chip and try to install it directly and see what happens.

Is it possible to fry a TBI computer?

Chris

Make sure you have the cable oriented correctly on the APU1 and where it plugs into the ECM.

Fuel Injected!
    I have the notch in the chip/red strip on the emulator cable towards the edge of the ecm/computer. I did flip it towards the center and got a fast flashing check engine light so i flipped it back.

the notch in the chip should be point towards the edge of the ECM?

Also make sure you have checksum disabled, otherwise you'll experience similar results to what you have been.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    please excuse my ignorance but i do not know what or where the checksum is to uncheck it.

Update, I just burn a chip with a stock bin, but even installed i have a check engine light, and the computer is not reading anything, runs the same even with the chip removed. also, i get zero data into ALDL. nothing coming from the plug under the dash.

I checked all fuses and they have current.

The only thing i did today was work on the trans controller wires. the truck was perfect with a stock bin, i just went to pull the emulator off the computer and install a chip. Now nothing, zero.....

When i pulled the chip out after a minute of running, it was very hot???

all advice welcomed.

Make sure all of your connections from your chip socket are making connection to the board, I have repaired several modified ecms where the board traces were damaged in removing the factory 24 pin socket and installing the 28 pin socket. It almost sounds like you have a short between pins on your socket in the ecm. You can see the proper orientation in this thread for a 7747. Which ecm are you using?

Fuel Injected!
    I have a 8747 $4F

To add to the problem, my laptop got the blue screen of death last night.

Fuel Injected!
    my 89 v2500 has a 8747 ecm. I do have a 7747 from an 89 v1500 suburban. would the 7747 work as a replacement?

Fuel Injected!
    Never mind,,,, that would not work, dumber than my first question

Actually it will work fine and is a much better supported mask.

Fuel Injected!
    Let me back up, sorry to be such such a newb. my tbi skills are minimum at best.

I was using the emulator because i just built a new motor and wanted to adjust if necessary. even with the lunati cam it runs perfect and i ended up running the factory bin.

I just found my OEM AKWA 24 pin chip. my compture has the 28 pin adapter installed by moates.

should i;

install my AKWA chip in the 7787 ecm? (if my 8747 is fried)

install the chip in the 8747 ECM 28 pin socket? if yes, should i assume the 4 empty slots should be towards the center? The chip installed in the most outward position. Also, the notch in the chip points away from the center of the ECM (towards the edge)

When i look at the pictures at moates it looks opposite but when i read the literature that came with my autoprom he read different????????????????

Sorry for the simpleton questions,, i hate to ruin something so easy.

Fuel Injected!
    problems solved, OEM back in, no codes, no lights on.

Here is an odd conclusion, coincidentally my other laptop, the one i use 99% of the time, Crashed last night and i had a complete hard drive failure. Dead, can not read, kaput. It was getting hotter and slower by the minute. Computer repair guy can not even clone it. It is entirely possible that it would not burn the chip proper or upload and emulate properly. It doesn't sound right to me but the truck is running perfect again with the OEM chip when last night I could not upload a bin.

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated.
    Chris