Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16197427 bplb

Quote Originally Posted by gregs78cam View Post
    I was just wanting to clarify whether you had a G1 Adapter or if you put a chip/header/zif in your stock memcal. I just want to make sure you are not trying to 'emulate' through the ALDL port. It doesn't work like that. And you wouldn't be the first to try it.
    Seriously?

OK lets add... have you read the AutoProm instructions! You said you made your own header to read bin so you have some skills and talent. How are you hooking ribbon cable from AutoProm to Memcal to emulate without a G1 adapter? How are you going to install new chip to memcal without G1 adapter? Here's a hint, but you can screw it up as well:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...r-27SF512-Chip

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition! wolfsreign's Avatar
    so yea, it worked. and it worked well until it randomly shut off/stalled and now it wont go back on. -.-
    i closed the bin, selected new xdf, then opened the A217, i plugged the ALDL in, plugged in the APU1 and opened TP5 it showed it was connect, i used a different usb port this time, then i click the connect (two blue arrows) and put the key to on, and i was surprised to see the TPS volts change. ^.^ so then i loaded the BHRH bin and the advanced.xdf and click upload bin to emulator, then started the car, it started right up, then i clicked "emulate" and started looking at the data, it was pretty freaking sweet, to finally see it work, then as i was noticing my TPSvolts said .7 and the tach was a little bouncy, the car just stalled. i tried restarting it, and it just kept cranking. so i closed TP5 unplugged everything and put the chip back into the computer and it wont start. :((
    helppppp lol. im thinking maybe a fuel problem? as i only have like 2bars.?? and im on a downhill.

another problem.. lol i need the car to be working for tomorrow, with or without TP5 running. -.-
    ~wolf

also the BHRJ bin made the needles dance max to min. so i dont think that works with autos ;)
    Last edited by wolfsreign; 02-19-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    '87 S10 ExtCab 2WD with '94 4.3L CPI

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Seriously?

OK lets add... have you read the AutoProm instructions! You said you made your own header to read bin so you have some skills and talent. How are you hooking ribbon cable from AutoProm to Memcal to emulate without a G1 adapter? How are you going to install new chip to memcal without G1 adapter? Here's a hint, but you can screw it up as well:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...r-27SF512-Chip
    im not worrying about burning chips/using different ones, until i can get a stable running TP5. once its stable and i can emulate and perfect things, there's no point to burning a chip. lol. i mean tru, i can burn the BHRH and stick it in, but the BPLB is the only working chip i have.
    ~wolf

Worst case scenario is run it while emulating. But if your bin while emulating is good then if burned properly to new chip and installed in Memcal it should work! Search Moated Website for offsets! Make sure you erase chip, burn with correct offsets, then verify. When done correctly it works everytime!

-= =-

one thing, it stalls when i run emulated, then it wont start back up.... so dik if the BHRH bin is even good. and also, idk wht chip i have, nor do i know which to even buy...
    ~wolf

so now it runs after i added gas o.0 lol. but it still runs super rough, but im assuming its because of the trans, as when im driving, it runs really weird, and it feels like it isnt locking into 2nd.. so ima try loading and emulating the trans1 adx and try to force/upload the lock up. and yes the little white box has the yellow wire connected.
    ~wolf

Kind of hard to tune out NO GAS!

Your focusing in on transmission issues? What transmission is it? Do you have any codes set?

This is a transplant so you could have mechanical issues too. What did you use for fuel pump? Is it correct for engine? What is the fuel pressure?

CPI engine are known for having Poppet valve issues, they are not a true MPFI system. Little white box with yellow wire? Do you mean the DRAC/VSSB? It is differant from TBI manual or 700R4 transmission to 4l60E or from C3 ECM to C4 PCM and many differences for gear ratios.

Just some other things to think about...

-= =-

yea, i poured more gas in and it started right up. everything on the car and transplant is correct. perfect if not. CPI that i know of have fuel spider problems. and yes the vssb. sorry. i come to find out and accept that i have a 4L60E as i have a big round plug on the side.

anyway, so i was messing around and some how figured out that the Torque was actually always locked. thats why it took 2krpm to move or so. lol, it felt like it was a stall plate and M/T. but then i also found out that the reason most likely that it wasnt allowing shifting was because TP5 wasnt getting the info it needed. as the tach wasnt reading and vehicle speed.
    so i come to realize that before i mess with tuning i need to have time for problems, and that inorder to even tune, it has to be able to read and show all the data.

end come to end, i unplugged the APU1 and put the chip back in the computer and it magically started prefectly and ran super smooth. so im fine with that as i work tomorrow, and will attempt when i have more knowledge and time. thank you eagle and gregs for helping. as i have the correct files finally.
    ~wolf

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsreign View Post
    so then i loaded the BHRH bin and the advanced.xdf and click upload bin to emulator, then started the car, it started right up, then i clicked "emulate" and started looking at the data,
    So you uploaded the bin to the emulator, and started the engine before you you clicked emulate?
    If so then the pcm is not seeing a eprom and is running off just the limp home chips. You need to upload bin to emulator, click emulate, THEN turn on the key and start engine. Then, if you are also datalogging, then after engine has started click connect. If the check engine light flashes once then stays steady when you turn the key on then you know it worked. If the check engine light flashes really fast/flikers, then you have the no eprom error and you will only run off the limp home chips.
    Every time I goofed up and got the flickering no prom check engine light, I have had to unhook the battery for a bit to let the memory clear. Otherwise I keep getting the same error, even after a prom is properly reinstalled.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

ya know this would have been good info to know earlier. are you saying that when emulating the CEL should be on?
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

No! he was refering to emulate, then key on, CEL should come on, flash once and stay on... then when car starts go off. Just like if you had a chip in and running properly.

-= =-