Thread: Datalogging problem

Electronic Ignition!

Datalogging problem

Trying to datalog my 91 s10 with 94 4.3 4l60 7427 swap. I'm using od_tpv5_v250.xdf and a217 $od tp5 v250.adx. When I connect koeo all data is good but as soon as I start the engine I get more data errors than good data and if I drive it eventually the data just stops. I have tried adding a pause to the adx but nothing I've tried has worked. I tried a218_od_trans2_v250.adx and it connected engine running with no errors. Also I have a scan tool that will connect and show live data just doesn't have the ability to record. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Electronic Ignition!
    I'm not an expert, but I had a huge number of errors when I was plugging my laptop charging cable into my truck while logging and engine running. If I plugged into a house outlet, the errors were gone. That's my experience.

First make sure your engine harness is not running closely alongside your plug wires. How are you adding a pause and how long of one are you adding? I added pauses to the adx file I am using and it works well. Open this one and look at the mode 1 macro to see how I added pauses. You may also be able to use this adx and edit it to your liking on the gauges etc.

Electronic Ignition!
    My laptop is running off battery power no inverter to cause noise. I tried the adx posted but I'm still having the same problem. I have tried several pause lengths and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Check the grounds. Print the diagrams in the $0D thread and verify each from computer end to the engine block. Make sure your ALDL plug ground is good also. Spark plug wire routing is a problem for bad data. If the harness is too close and is also parallel to the plug wires, it can induce noise. Other than that, it is going to take some troubleshooting. Have you adjusted the latency for the driver in windows control panel?