Thread: Gotten a few PM's without email notification

Gotten a few PM's without email notification

Dont know if this is just isloated or has happened to others. But I have gotten a couple PM's without notification emails.
    Out of say mabey 10-15 PM's, I have had about 2-3 without emails, probably in the pas couple weeks. Not specific to any time frame. So its not common, and not a problem, as I get the popup as soon as I enter the site. But just thought I would toss this out there.

There are more pressing issues right now, but I figured I would post this when it was on my mind. I know you wanted to be aware of any glitches or issues with the site.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

If you have a PM you will be notified, but if you get another PM before answering first it will not send another notice. Like when you get a notice of post to thread, there may be more then one post when you get there.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Humm. Could be the case. But I cant really remember. I just know I have signed on a couple times and got the popup for a pm,and there was no email. Like I said, its not common, and not a issue. It might have been just a isolated glitch.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Ok, just happened again today. Got a PM from another member but got no email notification. I haven not gotten any other PM's in the last several days, and all my older ones have been read.
    Also checked the spam folder in my email, nothing there.

I just reset your account. You should also now get a instant email notifacation of this post of this thread because I changed it in your account as a test to see if you do get other emails. I am also going to send you a PM as a test.

But your email account is known to block a LOT!!! You must have @gearhead-efi.com on your prefered list or chances are it's blocked.

-= =-

No emails yet. I will check my email settings.
    But if I had been getting emails from this site with no problems, why would they suddenly get blocked?

*edit.

Ok, just went through my mail settings. I get mail from everything. The only mail that is blocked, is a couple I have added to a list (ex girlfriend). It blocks only the addresses I have added to that list. All other mail is allowed. All mail I get is either sent to my inbox or my spam folder (if it is suspected of being spam). If sent to my spam, its held there untill I delete it, and I check it to. I have a small icon in my main mailbox that shows if I have anything in my spam folder.
    Last edited by JeepsAndGuns; 02-21-2012 at 03:16 AM.

I don't want to mention your email provider! They are known to block long before it get's to you. You must have repeated emails like these on your approved/prefered or whatever they call it. You are not the only one with this provider who has stopped getting email replies.

I also changed your account to get instant email notification from threads. Did you get them from this thread? Other guy didn't either till he added it to prefered list...

-= =-

Got the last two emails. Didnt see a "prefered" list. Might be hidden somewhere. Only thing I found was I could change it to either block only who I put on a list, or allow only who I put on a list.

I've never had that email so I'm not sure. But being on sending end is sure an issue, even when registering in vBulletin Forum Software the confirmation letter has special instructions for that provider... block only sounds right, but allow only sounds like a dumb option? You'd have to add every single email you would allow from? That would be a lot of work and very limiting...

Let me know how it's doing today?

-= =-

OK, got up this morning and I have 5 new emails from here. One for a PM, and the rest for replys to topics I posted in.
    So it seems to be working now.