Thread: Newby to EFI

Electronic Ignition!

Newby to EFI

Looking for a way to understand how to code (greek to me ) $od efan. Not having any luck.

You basically add that code to the bin file you are going to use. If you will post the bin you are using, I can add the e-fan code to the bin. Also state what temp you want the fan to come on and off. You can then use the TunerPro compare to see what was changed.

Brian

BTW Welcome to the forum!

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by bar0403 View Post
    Looking for a way to understand how to code (greek to me ) $od efan. Not having any luck.
    I am not sure how to identify which bin

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by bar0403 View Post
    I am not sure how to identify which bin
    After thinking about I realized that I am using bhrj 94 s&t truck bin. Looking for 185 deg. f. on 175 deg. off. I am a little slow sometimes, but I manage to get there.

I will add the e-fan code to the stock bin and post it here tomorrow with the temps you requested
    Brian

BHRJ is for a CPI V6. I can add the code and enable fan B. Fan A uses the intake manifold valve and that is needed on a CPI V6.

Attached is the edited bin file. My test bench isn't set up right now so I cant test the bin. Below are the calibration parameters.
    Overheat temp for fan on 195
    Fan on 185.5
    Fan off 174.7
    TPS for fan on 99.6
    Minimum fan run time 30 sec
    Fan doesnt come on with A/C - only coolant temp

Fan output is on pin E7. Remember this is a grounding output. It has to be used to control the negative side of a relay coil etc.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    Attached is the edited bin file. My test bench isn't set up right now so I cant test the bin. Below are the calibration parameters.
    Overheat temp for fan on 195
    Fan on 185.5
    Fan off 174.7
    TPS for fan on 99.6
    Minimum fan run time 30 sec
    Fan doesnt come on with A/C - only coolant temp

Fan output is on pin E7. Remember this is a grounding output. It has to be used to control the negative side of a relay coil etc.
    Copied file to my bin, not getting any response. Difference tool shows file highlighted as item not defined. ADX is different than mine, does that make a difference? My stuff is BHRJ5896 bin, Advanced $ODTP5v251 XFD, A217 $ODTP5v250 ADX. ADX for copied file is $8B-moded. I can get F-16 (I believe)canister purge to control a relay, but can only get 1 temperature on & off. E7 has no response except when you turn on the power. It grounds for a very short time and goes off.

I am setting up my test bench now. How are you using the bin I posted? Are you programming a chip with this bin or uplaoding the bin to an emulator?

I am missing some parts to my test bench. I will have to work on that this weekend. I don't know where you are getting the need for an $8B adx file.

Here are the files I use for tuning an $0D PCM.

This adx file has some edits in it that will be unusable to you such as calculated airflow. There has to be some bin edits to make that value show. Other than that, it should be all you need. The Efan xdf allows you to change the calibration temps etc for the fan. I just double-checked the bin edits for the fan and it looks ok. I will enable the second fan output on my vehicle and can test it with a test light tomorrow.

Brian
    Last edited by sturgillbd; 09-08-2016 at 04:10 AM. Reason: fix typos

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    I am missing some parts to my test bench. I will have to work on that this weekend. I don't know where you are getting the need for an $8B adx file.

Here are the files I use for tuning an $0D PCM.

This adx file has some edits in it that will be unusable to you such as calculated airflow. There has to be some bin edits to make that value show. Other than that, it should be all you need. The Efan xdf allows you to change the calibration temps etc for the fan. I just double-checked the bin edits for the fan and it looks ok. I will enable the second fan output on my vehicle and can test it with a test light tomorrow.

Brian
    Works like a champ. You be da man, Thanks