Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2002 OS 12212156 .xdf

Electronic Ignition!
    dzidaV8, first I want to emphasize - great work! I have a 2002 0411 PCM I thought to play with your XDF. I have a 2000 Silverado that I'm trying to upgrade to the 0411. :)
    Your XDF has helped tackle a lot of the minor changes, but there are a few that does not seem to be working correctly:

In the Engine DTC Processing Enablers I tried to change
    P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance
    P0741 Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) System-Stuck Off
    P0752 Shift Solenoid Valve A Stuck On
    P0757 Shift Solenoid Valve B Stuck On
    P1683 Control Module Ignition Off Timer Performance

And in the Engine DTC MIL Enablers I tried to change
    P0741 Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) System-Stuck Off
    P0752 Shift Solenoid Valve A Stuck On
    P0757 Shift Solenoid Valve B Stuck On
    P1683 Control Module Ignition Off Timer Performance

I made the changes in TunerPro (along with multiple other calib data as well as other DTC options). All the other small changes seem to work well (as the change is reflected in EFILive). Checksum changes and looks good. When I changed the above nine different DTC, TunerPro shows a change, but EFILive does not show the same change. Perhaps double check on the location of these data bits?

And another odd thing - I changed the VIN in TunerPro. The *.bin shows the edited VIN in EFILive. I flashed the *.bin to the PCM. Then I re-read the *.bin from the PCM and it did not show the VIN number changed. I used Antus's tool to change the VIN and that was successful.

The truck runs great with the 0411 PCM so far, but not quite perfect yet. No SES light and no drivability issues that I see so far, but I'm having a phantom DTC lighting up the battery in the Message Center despite the voltmeter showing good voltage. (I think) I have tuned off the DTC for the battery, but still getting this message. I'm still investigating this. (Switched back to old PCM and no battery message.)

Fuel Injected!
    Hi, thanks for your kind words :)

I checked the DTC tables, and you're right - there were mistakes in some row labels. I fixed that in version 3 of the xdf that I just attached to the first post of this topic.

You cannot change VIN by just altering the bin. The area containing VIN, serial number, etc. is not written during calibration flash. You need to use "Request to Write Data Block" diagnostic commands to change those parameters (for example using Antus's tool).

Fuel Injected!
    Version 4 of the 12212156 released! (in the first post) Enjoy! :)

Added new parameters:
    - Cranking VE Baro Multiplier and Calibration Temperature,
    - Commanded Fuel For Extended Cranking,
    - MAF Airmass Filter,
    - Dynamic Airflow parameters,
    - VE Correction parameters,
    - Priming Pulses parameters,
    - PE enable parameters,
    - LTFT deadband, update rate, and filters,
    - Idle STFT parameters,
    - Torque Management parameters,
    - Coil Dwell Time parameters,
    - Shift Light parameters

New categories, better parameter descriptions, more organized category view.

I think this XDF is pretty much finished, tested on a dozen of cars and works perfectly!
    Last edited by dzidaV8; 08-24-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Electronic Ignition!
    dzidaV8, I know I said it before, but I'll say it again: this is really great work. I can see it would take a lot of effort to sort out these inputs. I'm going to try using your XDF for some tuning a few months away. Hope it goes well! :)
    A couple things I noticed in the Engine Calibration of your XDF:
    1) {B4610} Heater Warmup Intake Temp Threshold = shows significantly different values in TunerPro vs EFILive. Check the data label?
    2) {B4359} A/C Torque Loss Spark Correction (Idle) Option = I believe the data label location is correct. Is the logic that interprets the "Set" in your XDF editable? I can toggle between "Set" or not "Set" and EFILive shows a correlating change, but the opposite as in: checked "Set" = "Disable"; while not checked "Set" = "Enable". (Seems to be the opposite of what I'd expect? Or perhaps EFILive is incorrectly interpreting this?)
    I plan to keep looking through your XDF more before I start further tuning with it.

For others who are thinking about trying this 2002 12212156 XDF, I wouldn't be afraid to try it out. I've been using it on two different PCM (a 411 swapped in a '00 Silverado and a 2002 Camaro). I've flashed probably about 20 times now, and not a single problem with any corrupt checksum nor any bricked PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    Thank you Chas for your feedback! I have fixed those issues, see xdf V5 in the first post :)

Fuel Injected!
    Would it be possible to add the A/C System type parameter to this xdf? I would like to change from the pressure switch system used on the trucks (type 3?) to the pressure sensor system like what is used on the F-body (type 2?) and enable 2 speed fan control based on A/C pressure.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neukam View Post
    Would it be possible to add the A/C System type parameter to this xdf? I would like to change from the pressure switch system used on the trucks (type 3?) to the pressure sensor system like what is used on the F-body (type 2?) and enable 2 speed fan control based on A/C pressure.
    Sure, I added an updated xdf to the first post :) And there's a lot more, beyond the A/C type switch.

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome. Thanks a lot!!!

Fuel Injected!
    The Min and Max labels under A/C [Disable/Enable] [Min/Max] Refrigerant Pressure appear to be reversed. Everything else looks good. I appreciate all your hard work.

Carb and Points!
    Thank you for your time dzidaV8!

Carb and Points!
    Is there a way to get this xdf file in a bin format? Yeah

dzidaV8
    Man thank you so much for the work you did on those files I was thinking I had to learn Mandarin reading the hex from my OS 9373372 bin
    By the way
    隒̀碬̀粬̀肬̀ translated The other products are available in the following markets
    am going to attempt to OS flash it as soon as I am comfortable with the process.
    Last edited by 30bird; 04-30-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtoyz97 View Post
    Is there a way to get this xdf file in a bin format? Yeah
    Don't take this wrong, I am trying to help... Bigtoy97
    My understanding is that the .bin file is the raw hexadecimal data containing the operating system and all the settings from an ECM in that one compact file.
    The .xdf file is like a key/map of the data in the bin file so you can edit or change things that the computer monitors and controls.
    Then you can save the edited bin file and flash it to your ECM.
    But of course it is not just super simple, because there are so many easy ways you can do this wrong,
    edit some thing wrong, or use the wrong bin, XDF, hardware files,
    or the write is interrupted during the flash you can easily "brick" your vehicles computer
    (Brick is a computer nerd term meaning your computer would only be useful as a brick)
    It seems by your question that you may need to do some more research (or I do) not trying to troll you.
    I am probably only a few posts ahead of where you are.
    Some one please correct me if I am wrong.

Administrator
    30bird, you are correct.

Generally, a .bin file refers to the calibration, the calibration and code file read from the vehicle computer, saved in a binary format.

An xdf file is a definition file that tells the tuning software Tunerpro how to represent the information in the bin file in (somewhat) human readable terms.

Carb and Points!
    I downloaded the OS for 12212156 and the plugin that you have listed and I have saved it to the proper location. I cannot get a bin saved without checksum errors and I don't know what to do. I have no issues using 12208322 with the GM-P01-P59 plugin I just can't figure out what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.