Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2002 OS 12212156 .xdf

Fuel Injected!

2002 OS 12212156 .xdf

Hello everyone! Some time ago i've been asking if there was any progress on 12212156 OS .xdf files. As apparently there have been none, I went ahead and made them myself.

[EDIT]
    I have fixed the checksum issue in beta xdf version reported in below posts, and reworked the definitions into a single, complete XDF file. Also added some new parameters.
    I have checked most of the parameters against EfiLive, also checksum calculation, so the attached XDF should be finally safe to use. Hovewer, I take no responsibility if something goes wrong and you brick your PCM!

Naming convention matches Efilive for easy cross reference of parameters. It's best to use Parameter Category view for this XDF.

You can select between metric and imperial units by selecting level view in Visibility Toolbar:
    Show Only Level 1 - Metric units,
    Show Only Level 2 - Imperial units.
    In version 1, only vehicle speed is selectable between KPH/MPH with above option.

For this XDF to properly calculate checksums, you must first download attached "512Kb PCM OS Checksum Plugin.zip" file, unpack the .dll file and save it in the C:\My Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins folder.
    The OS checksum plugin was written by Antus.

Don't be scared by bricked PCMs reported below - the initial release issues have all been fixed!

Version 2 changes:
    - Fixed wrong conversion for some Speedometer parameters.

Version 3 changes:
    - Fixed wrong labels in C6001 and C6002,
    - Added Idle Learing parameters,
    - Added Hardware and Software Knock Sensor parameters,
    - Added Oil Pressure parameters,
    - Fixed End of Injection Timing calculations,
    - Other minor fixes and clean-ups.

Version 4 changes:
    New categories, better parameter descriptions, more organized category view,
    Added new parameters:
    - Cranking VE Baro Multiplier and Calibration Temperature,
    - Commanded Fuel For Extended Cranking,
    - MAF Airmass Filter,
    - Dynamic Airflow parameters,
    - VE Correction parameters,
    - Priming Pulses parameters,
    - PE enable parameters,
    - LTFT deadband, update rate, and filters,
    - Idle STFT parameters,
    - Torque Management parameters,
    - Coil Dwell Time parameters,
    - Shift Light parameters

Version 5 changes:
    - fixed issues with B4610 and B4359 from post #19,
    - some minor category and clean-up changes

Version 6 changes:
    - update for 2020, added a LOT of parameters!
    - Class II messaging parameters added
    - A/C control parameters
    - Oil level and life parameters
    and many more!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dzidaV8; 08-06-2020 at 02:23 PM. Reason: New XDF files

Electronic Ignition!
    Incredible work! I'm trying to understand how to lookup calibration locations to hopefully contribute to these XDF. Not easy learning for a guy like me with no hardware background.
    Saw some more calibration options were added to these collections of 12212156 XDF that seem to be missing in the 12202088 XDF (thanks for the fuel gauge calibration!!). There are a few more I'm hoping to find. (Coil dwell settings? End of injection timing?)
    I know you consider this a beta, and you've warned about the transmission calibrations. I'll be trying these XDF for my "LS" project this winter (24x Corvette LT1 with 4L60E). I'll be taking a closer look through these XDF in the next few months.
    Wow, dzidaV8 - incredible work!!!

Carb and Points!
    Be careful with these, I just bricked two 411 pcm's last week with what appears to be checksum errors. I will no longer be using these XDFs.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm sorry to hear that you bricked your PCMs, I tested only a few parameters on a real PCM, but the checksums appeared to calculate correctly. Please send the original and modified bins along with a change log to e-mail address that I sent you so I could see where the problem is.

To be sure the checksums are correct before you flash, you can open the modified bin in free EFIlive tuner and check.
    Last edited by dzidaV8; 10-20-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks I'll give that a try next time. I was able to lift the chip's and recover the PCMs last week. I'll try and get your the BINs I flashed to them shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidaV8 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you bricked your PCMs, I tested only a few parameters on a real PCM, but the checksums appeared to calculate correctly. Please send the original and modified bins along with a change log to e-mail address that I sent you so I could see where the problem is.To be sure the checksums are correct before you flash, you can open the modified bin in free EFIlive tuner and check.
    I also tried using these, just a VATS change results in an incorrect checksum.
    Tony

'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (aka Babywag)
    '67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by babywag View Post
    I also tried using these, just a VATS change results in an incorrect checksum.
    There are 8 segments of code in the PCM, and 8 related Checksums that must be calculated. The 7 calibration segments have straight forward Checksum calculations.

The Operating System (OS) uses a unique Checksum calculation. It sums the entire areas before, and after, the 7 calibration segments (it skips over these), and also excludes the last 16 bit placeholder at the very end. The native Tunerpro Checksum plug-in can't properly calculate the OS Checksum.

There is an LS1 Checksum plug-in available for Tunerpro on the Delcohacking website that will calculate the OS Checksum, but it will only work with 512 Kb PCMs.

Attached below is a link.

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3845
    Last edited by LRT; 11-26-2016 at 06:12 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Can't seem to fix the spacing in the above post ... makes it a bit hard to read.

*** had to switch from the WYSISYG editor, to the standard editor ***
    Last edited by LRT; 11-20-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    There are 8 segments of code in the PCM, and 8 related Checksums that must be calculated. The 7 calibration segments have straight forward Checksum calculations. The Operating System (OS) uses a unique Checksum calculation. It sums the entire areas before, and after, the 7 calibration segments (it skips over these), and also excludes the last 16 bit placeholder at the very end. The native Tunerpro Checksum plug-in can't properly calculate the OS Checksum. There is an LS1 Checksum plug-in available for Tunerpro on the Delcohacking website that will calculate the OS Checksum, but it will only work with 512 Kb PCMs, and is accurate for most (but not all) operating systems. Attached below is a link. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3845
    Dimented's .xdf did correctly calculate (fix) the bad checksum for system section, even though it isn't correct for 12212156 os.
    I don't have the plugin installed. I did not look @ the .xdf difference on how the checksum is calculated.

I played around some more and also got an incorrect checksum when trying to change some transmission items.
    Right now as it is the .xdf(s) will likely brick the pcm if it is used.
    Last edited by babywag; 11-20-2016 at 05:19 AM.
    Tony

'67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Fuel Injected!
    Trying to use DIY tuning software is a little dangerous, unless you are an advanced user.

While I applaud the effort put forth by dzidaV8 in working on the XDF for the 12212156 OS, there are errors and omissions in the current draft version. There is no Checksum in the Transmission Calibration XDF. There is a Checksum in the Transmission Options XDF.

So depending on which of these you were using, that would explain one of the checksum issues that you experienced. The OS Checksum is very important to have in place. Sometimes a read or write will change the code ever so slightly, which requires that the checksum to be accurately recalculated.
    Last edited by LRT; 11-20-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Yep...I was just curious, it would be nice to have the ability to modify 12212156 os .bin files using TunerPro though.

EFILive shows incorrect on transmission calibration, and system after saving the .bin

Operating System 12212156 $EFCC
    Engine Calibration 9358576 $1460
    Engine Diagnostics 9358901 $B943
    Transmission Calibration 9358310 $C4B6
    Transmission Diagnostics 16264429 $B766
    Fuel System 16264619 $6D0C
    System 9373540 $8DF5
    Speedometer 9362080 $D705

For the OP attached the original .bin, and the modified one.
    Here is the unmodified checksum info in EFILive.

Operating System 12212156 $EFCC
    Engine Calibration 9358576 $1466
    Engine Diagnostics 9358901 $B943
    Transmission Calibration 9358310 $C7B6
    Transmission Diagnostics 16264429 $B766
    Fuel System 16264619 $6D0C
    System 9373540 $8EF4
    Speedometer 9362080 $D705

And don't get me wrong, not bashing the OP or saying anything negative! Tremendous amount of work goes into .xdf files, and while they aren't 100%. Nicel that someone has put forth the effort!
    Last edited by babywag; 11-23-2016 at 04:07 AM.
    Tony

'67 Jeep J3000
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Carb and Points!
    At this point, if you have a 2002 pcm, I would say it's easiest to just get your hands on a 2001 bin file, and tune using dimented's xdf's.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the input everyone! I'm sorry that my files caused some trouble, I spent quite a lot of time on them in order to reprogram some stuff on my friend's 2002 Camaro, but then he sold the car and I never got to actually testing it. I have only compared checksum calculations for some changes with EFIlive and it seemed correct. I'll look into the LS1 checksum plugin and try to take this work further, as now I have two 0411 PCMs for bench testing, so stay tuned :-)

Fuel Injected!
    I have finally found time to finish OS12212156 xdf work. The XDF is added to the first post.
    This time it's rather thoroughly tested so it should be safe to use. Please let me know of any issues you may find.