Thread: Help needed with TBI IAC minimum air setup.

Fuel Injected!

Help needed with TBI IAC minimum air setup.

I tried to do the minimum air set for the IAC and it seems to not send the IAC all the way closed, when I go to set the idle even with the thorttle screw back all the way the truck won't drop below 850 rpm with the IAC unhooked. But I can see the IAC counts change while driving. The other question I have is about TPS voltage. When hook up the laptop to the truck turnerpro says that the TPS is at 0% even though it is not at the 0.58 volts. Does the PCM reset 0% thorttle, or does the Turnerpro think it is 0%?

I have the PCM with last 3 of 427 that uses the $0D mask.
    Sorry sent this on my phone.

Fuel Injected!
    I have had some challenges with throttle position, and fluctuating TPS voltages on my TBI. I put threads into tunerpro...just starting over here now too. I'll keep watching this thread, hopefully someone can give us info.

The 7427 is a little different on setting the minimum air adjustment. Here is how I set mine. While watching the live datastream, adjust the torx screw until you show 10-20 counts on iac with the engine fully warmed up. Shut off key for 10 seconds then turn the key on. Start engine and check the iac counts again. Repeat adjustment if necessary. IAC counts around 10 with the engine fully warmed up is a good adjustment. This adjustment is made with the iac plugged up and operational

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    The 7427 is a little different on setting the minimum air adjustment. Here is how I set mine. While watching the live datastream, adjust the torx screw until you show 10-20 counts on iac with the engine fully warmed up. Shut off key for 10 seconds then turn the key on. Start engine and check the iac counts again. Repeat adjustment if necessary. IAC counts around 10 with the engine fully warmed up is a good adjustment. This adjustment is made with the iac plugged up and operational
    I also noticed that the TPS will reset to zero% when you put the ECM into diagnostic mode, which is different from what I was reading.