Thread: Looking for new car, need help!

Carb and Points!

Looking for new car, need help!

I have a 2002 mustang gt procharged making 420rwhp and 410 torque. Looking for something preferably newer. Under $17k and at least under 100k miles. Something that when modded slightly can easily compete with it. I was thinking a g37s coupe, cobalt ss turbo, 1st gen cadillac cts v...Car should be fairly easy/decently cheap to maintain. So alot of euro cars are out of the question. I pretty much like any type of car. Just looking for something that is fairly fast that you wouldnt think twice about. Thanks for your time!

Super Moderator
    cheap(well, not that cheap), fast and reliable.... tough combo to pull off, especially if you're looking at low mileage and fairly new.

consider the hot versions of the Solstice/Sky? they have the cobalt SS engine, but they power the rear wheels instead. dirt cheap for what they do as well, no idea on reliability though.

the G8 GXPs are probably floating around that price range now too.

certain euro manufacturers have gotten pretty solid reliability ratings for a while now too.... there's an Audi or two that may fit the bill here.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    cheap(well, not that cheap), fast and reliable.... tough combo to pull off, especially if you're looking at low mileage and fairly new.

consider the hot versions of the Solstice/Sky? they have the cobalt SS engine, but they power the rear wheels instead. dirt cheap for what they do as well, no idea on reliability though.

the G8 GXPs are probably floating around that price range now too.

certain euro manufacturers have gotten pretty solid reliability ratings for a while now too.... there's an Audi or two that may fit the bill here.
    I would if those cars didnt look girly lol.. my opinion though. Cars i am really considering are; cobalt ss turbo, volvo s60r, first gen cts v, mazdaspeed6, g37s, hawkeye sti, evo above 2004... some others but i forget. Cars of this sort ya know.

NEW CAR

DEfinetaly stay away from the caddiltrac cts it has a euro pos engine . if you want THE MOST reliable welcome yourself to the Acura Family , we have 3 of them , my 08 TL is supposed to run a 14 even quarter mile bone stock. and decent gas mileage 08 was the last yr of the bullnose boxy style i like , my wife has a 12 maybe a lil faster but i dont like the look of it that much. just my 2 cents with working on cars for 25 plus yrs.