Thread: Cylinder select error

Electronic Ignition!

Cylinder select error

Need some help here guys. Heres what im using. I have the APU1 burner package and the GP1 adapter from Moates.net for a Customers 89 T/A. I loaded a bin file using Tuner Pro and when I started the car up I got code 41. Anybody what could have caused this? Did I burn the chip wrong? Any ideas?

Do you have the original MEMCAL plugged into the side if the GP1 adapter?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Do you have the original MEMCAL plugged into the side if the GP1 adapter?
    I dont think so. Is there a way around this?. Also, the car does start and run, although it does need tuning. Its not in limp mode is it?

You need the stock MEMCAL plugged onto the side of the adapter, for the hardware cylinder selected, along with LHM.There are ways around it, but requires jumpers and/or resistors to provide the proper hardware cylinder select.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    I was doing some reading and As long as its a v8 memcal it should be alright. Before I burned the chip it was oo for v8.So it has to be the "original" memcal the car came with?