Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1995 c1500 with 7427 ECU newbie help

Fuel Injected!
    Now that you have established that it has the low pressure pump, what exactly is the tbi/injector. With that info it might be possible to get it runnng by spoofing the chip you have now.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

Electronic Ignition!
    I should had looked when I had it apart putting that regulator in, I'll take it apart tomorrow as long I'm not working and check to see what they are. I know it a 7.4 body and the IAC been rewired from the square plug to the flat plug and I doubled checked his work to make sure that he wired it correctly. Which is was according to the other forms I looked at. He told me that everything he brought was for a 1995 2500, sensor, plugs, pump, injectors, ect. But being we know now that the pump isn't the high pressure pump that should be for a 2500 7.4, I wonder what injectors he put in it.

Fuel Injected!
    I am going to go out on a limb here but while you have it apart tomorrow put in the 55 lb injector from the 350 tbi , run the 18 psi fuel and with nothing else I have a hunch it will run. I am not saying drive it that way but I think it will run.

Electronic Ignition!
    Alright, the old tbi is long gone but I can run to auto zone and get injectors for the 350 and put them in, I'll do that in a bit, and report back to see what happens

Fuel Injected!
    I only suggested it if you had the old ones. I wouldn't spend money on them. If you are going to spend money it would be better to get what you really need. First thing would be to find out exactly what injectors you have.

Electronic Ignition!
    I just came back from the garage, had it apart and looked, only numbers I found were on top and one side had RIN-564 and the other side had 6083. I'm thinking these are from autozone under the GP sorensen brand

Fuel Injected!
    I did a quick search and those are the 94-95 high pressure injectors. So I think your choices are upgrade the pump to higher pressure and use the injectors you have or leave the pump and get injectors from a 92-93 7.4. That should make it run and allow you to start tuning.

Electronic Ignition!
    thanks for the info, I was looking also. thanks for the help with trying to get me on the right course.

Electronic Ignition!
    latest update, I finally figured out how to get the truck to run off the computer. got it fired up and running. I was using the $0D Adx file and xdf files from here and using the bin I uploaded from the 350 chip that was in the truck. Still had a horrible popping and back firing issure. So I came in the house and copied all the spark tables from the $0E 7.4 to to the bin I had uploaded so I could keep the 4l60e trans info. Hooked up the computer to the truck again and tried running it again, still popped and back fired. tried messing with the Dist to see if it was a timing issue and it wasn't. Decided to change the plugs to see if that made a difference, I was told they were brand new plugs when I took over the project, but they came out black and fouled looking. put a different set in and it ran pretty good off the computer. I was impressed. Took it up the drive and back and it seems like the trans is in limp mode, only had 2nd and third gear. I put the 350 chip back in and I had all gears but I could tell that it wasn't happy with the 350 chip. I talked to my buddy, he gonna get the high pressure pump to put in the tank so I can really start tuning. One thing I did notice, it wanted to idle at 1500 rpms I'm sure that a something in the timing table that I gotta adjust. I didn't see a idle speed setting. Plus I'm gonna order a WBO2 sensor to help tune this truck in also. only other question I had was can you read live data with tuner pro rt with a OBD1 system on these trucks? I tried getting it to work but it wouldn't connect. I read the Moates directions also and still no go.

thanks for all the help, this is starting to get easier and easier.

Electronic Ignition!
    Well I thought I was running off the computer. I accidentally closed tuner pro while the truck was running and the truck still ran. I have a G1 adapter that I'm using with my apu1 to connect to the computer. I also had the 350 chip plugged into the other port on the G1. So I'm thinking it was running off the other side of the 350 chip if that makes any sense

Fuel Injected!
    Glad you got it running. Popping is probably just lean from the mismatch of pump and injector. The new pump should make things settle down. Yes you can data log and see real time in dash board mode. You can also customze dash board to display anything in the data stream and there is lots of them. Is the 454 stock or warmed up. Once you get it runnng decently I might be able to send you some settings to look over. I have two 454 runnng on the 94-95 30 psi system and one on the 12 psi system. They run so well I hardly ever fool with them now.

Electronic Ignition!
    the 454 is .030 over with flat top pistons, cast iron heads ported with the intake, and it has a comp extreme cam that isn't much bigger than the computer cams they sell.
    here the link for the cam. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-cl11-242-3