Hello,

I'm new at this and willing to learn, trying to figure out how to use this tuner pro. I'll start out with what I working on, I have a 1995 chevy C1500, the truck started out as a 4.3 with a 4L60E. then at some point it got converted to a 350 and it ran fine with a new chip. After several years the 350 gained a crack in the lifter galley and the block was junk. We put a running .030 over 454 that came out of another truck. We put a TBI adapter on the intake and put a 7.4 TBI body on. It ran great when it had a HEI and Carb. Now we can't get this motor to run with the TBI. It will start and rev up but it back fires a lot and will not idle at all. The motor does have a mild cam in it but nothing extreme. My buddy put all new sensors on it and we got all the codes cleared off so there no issue. I assume our main problem is with the cam being the vacuum isn't the same as a stock cam. I measured 14-15 hg of vacuum and good fuel pressue.

Now here we go with the tuner pro side of the story. I brought a APU1 from Moates and a G1 chip adapter, the computer in the truck is a 7427. I finally got around to installing everything today and unsure if I did everything right. I followed the stickeys the best I could to set it up but seems like I wasn't getting anywhere and getting more confused. I have the tuner pro RT. I down loaded both 1993_Chevy_7.4L_Stage_1.bin and BJYL 350 TBI 700r4.zip
bins. I tried the 7.4 being it was the only 7.4 file I saw, and the BYJL being that was was the chip that it had in it. then I installed Advanced $0D TP5 v251.xdf and the A218 Trans2 $0D TP5 v250.adx files, and uploaded all 3 into tuner pro like the newbie page told me. Then I took my lap top out to the truck and plugged everything in to the apu1 (computer to apu1, apu1 into OB1 port, and also apu1 into the G1 on the ECU) I believe I had everything set up right, the tuner pro found the aup1 in com 3. I was trying to run the truck off the tuner pro but it wouldn't start so I'm not sure where I went wrong. Did I download the wrong files? I assume that it's user error on my part. Also as I looked into the files, there so much in there, and I'm not sure where to start on adjusting timing and the map sensor. Is there any pages that someone could direct me to to help me understand what files I need to fix and what files I need to stay out of? I was looking at youtube and other sites and their stuff looks different than what I was looking at. Which I would assume it the differences in the Bin.

Thanks
Jim