Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GearHead-EFI.com Hacked and deleted!

GearHead-EFI.com Hacked and deleted!

Someone hacked the GearHead-EFI.com server early this morning and stole and delted it's entire contents. Server logs show the IP address and tracked it in Washington near Seattle. Police there are attempting to track down the location!

I don't have any enemies, just one person I can think of that would do this out of envy/jeaousy and rage! Because of what I know. He happens to live there. Is a known lier, cheat and has been involved with stealing 2 other data bases from websites to make the one he has now where people are banned if they link here! Kind of ironic ay?

I hope the IP can be tracked to him this time.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Mark,

Any indication on how they got in?

Feel free to PM/email me if you don't want to discuss in public. May be able to get you some assistance.

- Frank

Server people said hacked, IP adress logged, police notified, all security passwords have been changed. Server is GoDaddy so I would think everything that could be done is. They have gone out of there way to help, track, report this as well as go over all I can and need to do to prevent this from happeneing again. Since pentagon and CIA servers were hacj\ked this year I don't think it can be totally prevented by a good hacker.

If you have any specail skills we could use beyond what was mentioned please feel free to PM me! This website hsa always been a team effort.

Strange how they only stole GearHead-EFI.com folder and deleted it when done? Could have easily deleted or stolen all other websites on my server?

-= =-

Administrator
    You also posted a link recently to a Chinese site which connected you with stolen or pirated documents. Maybe you got someone's attention?

We'll know if we start seeing pirated copies of the lookup program floating around.

Wow. If everything was deleted, how come we are still here? I am guessing there was a backup of the complete site stored somewhere seperately?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    You also posted a link recently to a Chinese site which connected you with stolen or pirated documents. Maybe you got someone's attention?

We'll know if we start seeing pirated copies of the lookup program floating around.
    I doubt that was the cause, but I am going to delete that thread. It was only meant to show what tech the Chinese have stolen from us and then blatantly put up to prove? I don't know what they were trying to prove.

BCC Find is protected by Copyright of this site. It can not be stolen and used anywhere... except china...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Wow. If everything was deleted, how come we are still here? I am guessing there was a backup of the complete site stored somewhere separately?
    I learned a long time ago that the best Webmaster is Jesus! Why? Because Jesus saves!

It was 2 hours work but as far as I can tell we didn't loose a post. Also just found out they tried to get data base but were unsuccessful. So php database is where posts are...

-= =-

Administrator
    I learned a long time ago that the best Webmaster is Jesus! Why? Because Jesus saves!
    LOL!!!!

Well, it's ironic that I kept it locked away for so long because I didn't want it taken, and now it's gone in a month or so. Oh, well. But the good side is that I have new and improved version in the works, plus I've been reading through bithoist code to understand how it works and maybe we can put an ID program up as well.

It was 2 hours work but as far as I can tell we didn't loose a post.
    Mark, that's awesome. I'm sure this was more frustrating to you than anyone else. You've put in a helluva lot of work for this site and it shows. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Mark, that's awesome. I'm sure this was more frustrating to you than anyone else. You've put in a helluva lot of work for this site and it shows. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you and thank you for being part of it!

Frustrating was a HUGE understatement to find this before I even had a cup of coffee!!! And just barely got it done and partially tested before I had to leave for doctors appointment. It was not a good morning...

-= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    Thank You Mark!

Mark,
    I greatly appreciate all your efforts to keep this site up!

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by 93V8S10 View Post
    Thank You Mark!
    Your welcome and thank you for being part of it!

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Mark,

dave w
    Your welcome and thank you for being part of it!

I'm just doing what I have always wanted to do. It would be worthless without all of you as part of the team!

-= =-

Maybe someone infiltrated your personal computers to get there hands on a password. Suggest checking for malware like key-logging programs.

Thanks for all your work restoring the system.

Robert

Thanks for being here Robert!

Doubt that though. Have all sorts of protection running full time on all three computors at home on wireless network. All scan each day to boot. One of the first things I did this morning was run full scans, no issues.

-= =-

Sounds like you are a man thats well prepared! Good work!
    I bet it just chaps the butt of whoever hacked this place to see it back up and running like new. If they dont get busted by the police, I bet they will try again. We might have to stay on our toes.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Mark,

dave w
    Absolutely!

Glad it was saved.