Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't connect TunerPro RT V5

Ok...

So under normal operation (when you're not trying to datalog or anything like that), when you turn the key on, what does the CEL do? Does it just turn on and stay on solid or does it turn on, flash off once and then stay solid until the engine is started?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    Well, it appears that my chip is corrupted. I am now in search of a new chip that would be a starting point for my engine specs. I will get to the details later, but with another ECM and working chip, all appears to be normal. I will get back to you shortly. Turbo.

Electronic Ignition!
    Good evening. I have a further update to this thread and it is to do with programming chips. I have two chip burners, one being a Burn two (Flash and burn). This thread was started because I couldn't connect to any data logging no matter what I tried. What I have discovered is that any chips that I have burned lately are being (invisibly) altered when they are burned, (to my eye at lest). When verifying the burn the new file doesn't match, so it fails to verify? I have been using Win 10 and most other things seem to be OK. If I use older chips I have no problems with logging on to TunerPro RT. I have tried a second computer running Win 7 and the same thing is occurring. I was was wondering if anyone else is having similar issues. By the way, the new chip burned does run, with the changes, but you can't data log anything, so you are flying blind. I tried the comparison tool but nothing shows up there either. I am more than frustrated with all of this nonsense and would love to get on with learning the program instead of wasting everyone's time. I appreciate any and all of the help. Turbo

Are you erasing the EEPROM before programming the new BIN file to it? I often, maybe every time have chip verify fail when I haven't first erased it.

If you don't get a verification of true, stop, do not use the EPROM, first get it to verify THEN use it.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    Well guys - Good news. I have my wheels back in the garage. Fixed a few issues, found a good 'BIN' file from my past, that works real well. The car pulls like crazy and "you just want to keep your foot in it". After I have a chance to go over the file I would like to share it, if anyone is interested? I would like some of you Experienced guys to critique it and make suggestions, if you be so kind?
    I haven't had time to sort out the chip programming issues yet, but I will keep you posted. I sorted out why "I Couldn't connect with T.P.". I needed a BIN that was working as a reference only and then you can log any good BIN. I have no problem and I'm using Win 10.
    To answer Six Shooter about erasing the chip, Yes I can see myself forgetting to erase it first, but in this case I tried 2 and 3 times erasing and then doing "the blank check" thing. I even used the Comparison tool and it thought the bins were the same. ???????? I will publish the file and a copy of the Programmed file and see what you think (when I have some time). By the way, I am using Moates Cable 1 with extreme ALDL and Driver 2.12.16 installed by Windows and it works fine.
    Last edited by Turbo; 08-13-2016 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Ad information

Electronic Ignition!
    The problem with the programming was caused by a bad connection in the ZIF socket. When I programmed the chip part of the code was missing, when it tried to verify, of course that part of the code wasn't there. So the result is that all is good and working. I will attach my BIN file if someone can tell me how to do that. Thanks all, Turbo
    Turbo