Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't connect TunerPro RT V5

Electronic Ignition!

Can't connect TunerPro RT V5

Good morning gents: Can someone help please? I have been trying to get my Windows 7 SP1 to connect to a 1227730 ECM for months now, with no success. I have found a Device Driver that worked previously but Windows won't allow it to be installed, now, on my replacement computer. The driver #2.01.0 is windows signed, but not Certified. The driver comes with my GQ USB Programmer and is the only one out of all of the drivers that I have tried that worked. I tried at least a dozen different drivers. All I want to do is some Data Logging on my registered TunerPro RT V5. Windows Service Pack 1 refuses to recognize this driver. When I used it previously, on the original computer, service pack 1 was not installed. By eliminating all of the drivers, windows gave me the option of installing the un-certified driver along with all of the "are you sure" warnings. All I wanted to do was change my 19# injectors for 30# injectors and do a new tune on my Hot rod. Please help me solve the problem. Turbo
    NOTE: all my cables and connections pass all of the tests (Realterm, ALDL test, TunerPro, Data Master, etc.) It gets to "Connecting" but never connects. Data Master dosen't see the ecm.

What hardware are you using?

Connecting via the ALDL connector will not allow you to change any settings in the bin, you need to program a new E/EPROM to do that.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    I'm sorry if I misled you. I am able to burn chips and change data, I just can't connect and gather new data due to the lack of a connection. I have been able to reduce the idle from 3,000 RPM to 2,000 by removing all of the add'l fuel being added from the current chip that was programmed 20 years ago. I really don't want to make more changes without
    new data. I'm concerned that with the over fueling I may be washing down the cylinders. My block is already at .060" over and will not handle another boaring.
    My equipment list is as follows:
    - 1227730 ECM
    - Flash and burn from Moates
    - Extreme ALDL1 cable1 and usb adapter
    - Un-named Add'l USB cable and adapter
    - DataMaster 3.3 and 4.1
    - TunerPro RT V5
    - GQ USB Programmer
    - Prolific #2303 USB to Serial adapter
    - SST27SF512 Chips from Moates
    - Several flash chips - #FM27C256
    - HP EliteBook - windows 7 SP1
    - HP Windows 10
    All of the cables check out OK after running all of the tests available. But the ECM is not seen?
    Thank you for your help.
    Turbo (Tom)

What code are you using/what's the application?

What ADX are you using?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

My experience with USB adapters has not been good, actually horrible!

I now use a USB ALDL cable from http://www.aldlcable.com/products/aldlobd1u.asp

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    My cables did all work with my Device Driver 2.01 that came with the QC Programmer. The programmer is awesome by the way. It is flawless and seems to be intuitive. Turbo (Tom)

Electronic Ignition!
    Looks just like my second cable. It works also. Tom

What .adx file are you using?

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Hi Dave, I am using 1227730_8D.adx. Tom

See attached pics for my TunerPro RT settings.

Maybe you can post screen shots of your settings?

dave w

So is the code in the ECM $8D? If not that ADX won't work. What is the application?

Dave W, the ALDU1 doesn't require a USB adapter. ;) It will require the FTDI drivers though, your programmer drivers have no effect on the function of the ALDU1. IIRC the drivers are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    So is the code in the ECM $8D? If not that ADX won't work. What is the application?

Dave W, the ALDU1 doesn't require a USB adapter. ;) It will require the FTDI drivers though, your programmer drivers have no effect on the function of the ALDU1. IIRC the drivers are different.
    7 needs the FTDI drivers. Get them free from Moates.
    Don't force it, get a bigger hammer!

Electronic Ignition!
    Thank you Dave W, with all of the reading and research I've done, I didn't know there was a code inside the ECM. Where can I find it? Do I feel pretty stupid about now? I have never had any problem getting drivers, I just couldn't get them to work. So I am on my way over to the car to see if I can see that code. By the way I am assuming the code is the problem, which driver have you found to be the most reliable - 2.08.14? Thank you all for your responses, Turbo Tom.

When I setup a new ALDL cable, an ALDL cable exactly like the one I posted a picture of, I plug in the new cable into my laptop USB port. I then "Run" the CMD20824 Setup.exe directly from the Moates.net website http://www.moates.net/usb-driver-p-215.html?cPath=78

Then I check which com port is needed from the Device Manager.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Update: Well gents, I think I may have found the problem, but not the answer. After jumping terminal's 'A' & 'B' together and turning the key to the ON position - NO flashing, no codes just a light that stays on. I checked all of the associated wires for conductivity and position in the harness and connectors. Everything appears to be correct. No broken connections. etc. The engine still starts and runs but no data logging. I was able to get the original laptop computer (XP), chips, programmer, cables, etc. from the friend that programmed the engine, when it was first built. I hooked everything up, ran it with DataMaster 4.0 and got the same results. I figure it must be the wiring or the ECM. I do have a second ECM and get the same results; I can't vouch for the second one, as I bought it over the internet???? That is where things stand at the present. I have a list of things to do yet, including finding a known GOOD ECM. Thanks and I will keep you posted. Turbo