Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: My $59 problems/tuning a turbo camaro

Heres a year in review video. My deepest thank to you all on here for helping me though my experiences. Only one year ago did I not even understand what a bin file or adx file was. Thanks again fellas for the guidence. For I know without the tuning support this car would have never made it down the track in 14 seconds let alone 13 seconds.

I am very excieted to start up racing again on April 6th. Winter will fly by fast.

Sorry if you dont like the music.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGqVh...ature=youtu.be

A day to remember and killswitch engage, whats not to love about that music!
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    A day to remember and killswitch engage, whats not to love about that music!
    Thats what I like to see
    Turbo 3.1/3100 V6 Thirdgen Camaro
    Best 1/4 mile 11.59@119Mph 15psi

Update. Lil old camaros been doing pretty good. Gets a spectacular 20Mpgs on average after a 130 mile trip yesterday. I will admit im ready to go racing though.

Fuel Injected!
    Hitune muysic to a "Hitune" Camaro is A-O-K in My books.

Thank You for sharing.I hope I can pickup on this .bin.dat and whatever else it is called files half as quickly as You did.

Fuel Injected!
    Glad you bumped this thread,finishing a 3.1 turbo myself and subscribing so I can find it if/when I need it.
    Looks like a nice ride,post an update after you have some fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    Glad you bumped this thread,finishing a 3.1 turbo myself and subscribing so I can find it if/when I need it.
    Looks like a nice ride,post an update after you have some fun with it.
    Will do.

What car is the 3.1L in?

Fuel Injected!
    First let me admit I read like the first page or so and then skipped to back for a quick welcome when I posted.
    Realizing how many pages it was afterwards i've since read more than a few pages and man this thing sounds like a blast :)

My application is an 88 fiero GT and i'll be using a modified TGP engine.
    Currently engine is on the stand getting valvetrain geometry set up.
    I should really start a thread for it,getting close to decision time on what's gonna run it.
    Any reason you didn't use $8f? Which i'm pretty sure is factory for the tgp 3.1 turbo.

Because $59 > $8F

Go to the code59 website and you'll see the improvements that the team made to $58 (Stock Sy/Ty/Turbo Sunbird code), including 3 BAR use (requires a 3 BAR MAP), WBO2 fueling control, expanded VE and SA tables, native WBO2 calculations, and functionality, ability to turn different VE tables on and off, use only one VE table, or two or three, among other improvements.

$59 can also be used with a manual trans, without the need for a patch or fudging numbers. $8F was only used with automatic and has no OEM provisions for use with a manual trans.

The only thing that takes a bit of fudging or manipulating of numbers is to run DIS with $59. There are a few threads on it on the code59 site. I am also running $59 with DIS on my Nissan 2.8L.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    $59 can also be used with a manual trans, without the need for a patch or fudging numbers. $8F was only used with automatic and has no OEM provisions for use with a manual trans.
    huh? i did a recent hack through 8F and there is most definitely support for a manual transmission. 8F is actually a slightly modified version of 6D, which had plenty of manual applications as well.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    huh? i did a recent hack through 8F and there is most definitely support for a manual transmission. 8F is actually a slightly modified version of 6D, which had plenty of manual applications as well.
    ALL, I mean ALL, information has supported that there is no manual transmission support natively in $8F. There have been manual trans patches added to it over the years.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    First let me admit I read like the first page or so and then skipped to back for a quick welcome when I posted.
    Realizing how many pages it was afterwards i've since read more than a few pages and man this thing sounds like a blast :)

My application is an 88 fiero GT and i'll be using a modified TGP engine.
    Currently engine is on the stand getting valvetrain geometry set up.
    I should really start a thread for it,getting close to decision time on what's gonna run it.
    Any reason you didn't use $8f? Which i'm pretty sure is factory for the tgp 3.1 turbo.
    I just choose $59 for my car at the time becuase it was supported quite well on tunersites compared to 8F. Yea 8F was on the tgp but $59 was on the turbo 4.3.

I did try using 8F with a 2 bar map sensor. I worked just as well but since Ive dedicated so much time and flustration on $59, I decided to keep using that. And to be honest im still somewhat new at tuning still. $59 is pretty user friendly and simple for the most part.

Its really up to you on which mask you want to use.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    ALL, I mean ALL, information has supported that there is no manual transmission support natively in $8F. There have been manual trans patches added to it over the years.
    well, i have proof that what has been stated is wrong then. this is my disassembly of a stock AZRC BIN, manual related stuff:

864E, bit 7: select between manual and auto shift logic, done at E9D4
    8D98, manual option byte(checked for 0/non-0 at B711 to see if the 8D37 byte is needed when not moving)
    8D99, throttle follower offset when manual selected if vehicle is moving, done at B494

the shift light tables, while they're in the calibration, they aren't used... that's about the only manual logic that's missing from what i can see compared to other known similar masks that have it.

granted, this wasn't really done to understand the algorithm, just to get the calibration stuff identified. there is some unknown stuff, but there is also some apparently previously undiscovered items as well, including a pair of fan turn on/off tables based on time at specific MAP ranges. it's interesting to note that the factory code is partially broken as well, since it tries to utilize the extended SRAM chip that the 7727s didn't get. in this instance, changing the ECM to a 16149396 with no other changes MAY change how the car runs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Heading up to the race track on saturday as long as the weather holds off. Excited cant describe how i feel. Ill be sure to post a video of the run(s) if someone wants to check it out.

Fuel Injected!
    geterdone,I`m interested.