I've been searching and reading and I've found bits of data here and there but it's a jungle of info out there with few maps or signs to navigate, so here are some questions in one thread.

Base Timing - If I decide to set my base distributor timing to say 8 or 10° BTDC, where do I change that in the bin? I think it should be in "main spark bias" in scalars. The tip listed in the xdf I'm using says "Tips: Compensates for the spark advance added by mechanical means. This should be set to the same value that distributor is set to." But what about Main Spark Bias? What does it do and does it need changed?

Electronic Advance - What is the maximum advancement the distributor can add? I saw this in a thread but I can't find it again; I think I read that it was 42°. Also, when logging I see my advance occasionally goes up into the low 40s and is red on the gauges. My highest value on the Main Spark Table is 36° so the PCM is adding 7° or more for some reason. What values add to the timing? And if the timing does in fact need to be more advanced than the electronic distributor maximum, I need to set the base timing to have some advance, right?

Knock Counts - What number is high here? Is 100 high? How can you tell when knock is being recorded vs historical knock count? I have searched about this but haven't found definitive answers here.