Thread: Robert from Sweden, not a spammer! :-)

Carb and Points!

Robert from Sweden, not a spammer! :-)

Hi everyone!

Iīm Robert Carlsson from Sweden. 51 years old, bought my first car at the age of 13. Has had countless cars and motorcycles. Some examples:
    Fiat X1/9 and most of the smaller FWD Fiats from the seventies, Alfa Romeo Alfetta and GTV, lots of Fords (european) and Opels from the seventies, Saabs (a lot of them), Volvos (just a few of them), Corvettes (two C3:s), an Oldsmobile 88 -59 and lots of other cars. But no japanese cars!
    And I have had lots of motorcycles as well, many of them being japanese "muscle bikes" from the early eighties.

And now I have the following vehicles:
    A Saab 9-5 Aero -04. My daily driver.
    A Chevy Silverado -01. My business "daily driver".
    Two or three (depending on how you see it, one is only a donor car) Corvette C4:s. One is a -90 that is fairly standard. This one is the reason I joined the forum, but more about that below.
    And the other Corvette is an -88 with a 406 ci engine with lots of "goodies" such as forged bottom end in a Bowtie block, AFR 195 heads, big injectors, MSD, HSR intake, BBK big trottle plate, Autronic SM4 FI system etc. And a turbo system with a Borg & Warner turbo that can flow up to almost 1100 hp. This one isnīt ready to run yet but the Autronic has given me some experience of FI systems.

I also have a Suzuki Katana 1168 cc with a turbo from some kind of Fiat Ducato diesel mini bus. Low budget project but still at least 200 RWHP.
    And Swedens oldest registered Bimota, a KB1 from 1979 with a very old "engine build project". In short, I was looking for an 1100 cc engine and found a 1260 cc engine (new, big liners in the cylinder), started tuning it and then I found a 1428 cc bigblock cylinder which meant that I had to start the engine building from the beginning again.
    None of the bikes has been run this century, shame on me!

So, that was a good introduction, wasnīt it?

Oh, and the Corvette -90 that is the reason that I joined the forum?
    I have repaired the tacho and need to calibrate it. This means measuring the rpm:s with high accuracy. I could have done it by using a strobo lamp with built-in tacho but thereīs another thing in this and that is the will to learn new things. A strobo with built-in tacho hadnīt taught me anything at all. The will to learn is the force that make us all evolve, isnīt it?
    And I also want to learn how to change the FI systems in my Vettes but that is the next step. Letīs take one disaster at a time.

So, I have some newbie questions regarding this "tacho calibration project". Should I put those questions here or in a separate thread?
    The more I learn about women, the more i love my cars and motorcycles!

Administrator
    Hello, Robert. Sounds like you have some interesting projects. I'd post your calibration question in its own thread in the GM efi forum.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Hello, Robert. Sounds like you have some interesting projects. I'd post your calibration question in its own thread in the GM efi forum.
    Thanks!
    The tacho calibration project went well without asking but I have new questions so Iīll start a "newbie thread. :-)
    The more I learn about women, the more i love my cars and motorcycles!