Thread: Help with base tune 94 C1500 5.7L Ramjet cam.

Fuel Injected!

Help with base tune 94 C1500 5.7L Ramjet cam.

Hello,

I am new to the forum but found the FAQ for setting up the Turner Pro awesomely helpful. I have a 94 C1500 5.7L, with a edelbrock TBI intake, roller lifter conversion, RamJet cam, and shorty headers, 4l60E, adjustable FPR and a 96 Acdelco Fuel pump, stock heads. The motor is a new GM replacement motor and I just got it mostly together a couple of days ago. The truck does seem to have an idle lope, so I am not sure if that is the tune or something else. I am more familiar with Mazda Rotary engines, and this is my first Small Block chevy I have owned.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksj04 View Post
    Hello,

I am new to the forum but found the FAQ for setting up the Turner Pro awesomely helpful. I have a 94 C1500 5.7L, with a edelbrock TBI intake, roller lifter conversion, RamJet cam, and shorty headers, 4l60E, adjustable FPR and a 96 Acdelco Fuel pump, stock heads. The motor is a new GM replacement motor and I just got it mostly together a couple of days ago. The truck does seem to have an idle lope, so I am not sure if that is the tune or something else. I am more familiar with Mazda Rotary engines, and this is my first Small Block chevy I have owned.
    Idling at 550 with 24° of timing it has a noticeable idle in my Express but I am also running 1.7:1 rockers. Bumped it to 725 rpm and 30° timing and it idles nearly like stock.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Idling at 550 with 24° of timing it has a noticeable idle in my Express but I am also running 1.7:1 rockers. Bumped it to 725 rpm and 30° timing and it idles nearly like stock.
    Do you use tuner pro? I am not sure what tables those adjustments will be under

Fuel Injected!
    Do you use tuner pro? I am not sure what tables those adjustments will be under
    I do use TunerPro but my Express is a Vortec and has a LS1 PCM in it.

In $OD and $E6 .bins the idle timing is adjusted in the closed throttle spark advance table and idle speed under the coolant temp vs idle speed tables.

Fuel Injected!
    Awesome thank you so much.

Fuel Injected!
    I tried to advance the timing at idle and the truck didn't seem to like it. I am now guess it has something to do with the IAC, or other sensor. The MAP had a high flag. So I am not sure if that had an issue as well?

Fuel Injected!
    I tried to advance the timing at idle and the truck didn't seem to like it. I am now guess it has something to do with the IAC, or other sensor. The MAP had a high flag. So I am not sure if that had an issue as well?

The parameters for high map, code 34 iirc need to be adjusted otherwise it is in a failsafe mode.

Fuel Injected!
    So I had the computer re teach the IAC, cleaned up the TBI and replaced the gasket, and set the idle screw to a higher rpm. I also looked up the initial timing for the cam and set it to you 10 degrees instead of 0 degrees, and she is a much happier engine. Does anybody have bin files or tables for a similar setup?