Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey guys help real quick please

hey guys help real quick please

hey I got a 7730 ecm with and ostrich plugged in and when I upload bin then download to see if it is reading right they come back way different ,is there something special to do on these 7730's
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

my autoprom does this once and a while too. I just reupload and it will take after a couple tries. I noticed this happens more so if I hit upload right after I initialize hardware without giving it a few seconds to do whatever it does in the background.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Might have to do with checksum disable, AA?

I have AutoProm and no issues, upload to emulater, verify and run it!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

got it ,just waited a minute after intial like pj said .
    Thanks guy and Mark I got Mr hyde running decent well at least Idles pretty good but Its got a maasive whistle under the hood around 15 inches of vacuum..sounds like riser blocks,so I guess im gonna pull the intake lol.One thing after another on that truck but do you mind looking at the log and see what you think thus far on it
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

Make sure that's not IAC whistle first!!! May need a little more throttle blade opening, reset TPS voltage, look at IAC counts. Can usually get a little more vacuum at idle with some more timing and/or raising idle a little too!

Sure I'll look over the data log, post it up and remind me what ADX.

-= =-

1227730_8d.adx

started gettin a lil warm before i caught the fans not workin got it resolved and went on but I dont think that other than puttin a little timing in it, that it is pretty much a stock bin

I looked at your log. Couple issues that will help idle are IAC count is high at like 50. Need to do min air adjust. Open the throttle blades a little and get IAC down to 10-20 tops at warmed up idle. Half turn out. Turn off engine and let it reset and check. Hald turn out turn off engine let it reset and check. Or can do it properly by turning key on, crossing A and B of ALDL port to set IAC all the way in, unplug it. Set idle to about 100 rpm below idle in chip. Hook up IAC, clear codes and restart. Check IAC count.

TPS voltage is high at .73 May have to bend tab on throttle shaft or file out holes in TPS to get closer to .54. After opening up throttle plates above.

Other than that it's about 114 BLM so take some fuel out to get to 128.

How rich has it run for how long? May need a new set of plugs and O2 sensor. Get above done first and rev it up and clean it out.

-= =-

Running TBI with 8D?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

My bad. I took TBI out of throttle shaft. No he's running a TPI.

-= =-

Will do sir and as long as you don't mind looking I will repost new log asap....... sad part is it runs 10x better now than it did and its not hunting idle either now

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I looked at your log. Couple issues that will help idle are IAC count is high at like 50. Need to do min air adjust. Open the throttle blades a little and get IAC down to 10-20 tops at warmed up idle. Half turn out. Turn off engine and let it reset and check. Hald turn out turn off engine let it reset and check. Or can do it properly by turning key on, crossing A and B of ALDL port to set IAC all the way in, unplug it. Set idle to about 100 rpm below idle in chip. Hook up IAC, clear codes and restart. Check IAC count.

TPS voltage is high at .73 May have to bend tab on throttle shaft or file out holes in TPS to get closer to .54. After opening up throttle plates above.

Other than that it's about 114 BLM so take some fuel out to get to 128.

How rich has it run for how long? May need a new set of plugs and O2 sensor. Get above done first and rev it up and clean it out.
    ok hate to sound stupid but rather be safe ....how would you go about removing fuel in tunerpro ...im asking because im new to this gm side and this doesnt look like no honda bin lmao, thank you

Lower number in VE table is less fuel. VE numbers represent % once you hit 95 you need more fuel by more BPW or more fuel pressure. Over 100 will truticate to 100.

-= =-

ok thats simple enough better for me to know than guess im right lol.....and is there not a ve table calculator for this?where did you see iac counts all i see is position, is this the same ? and why do i have no history in my datalogs on this adx??? just wondering thanks mark

IAC postion is counts.

Guess no one ever made the BLM history tables? Dave has made a bunch of them for excel but I don't remember any for 1227730? Going to have to learn math or learn how to build a history table to get std deviation...
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...es-in-TunerPro

-= =-