Thread: No knock till 6000rpm then knock everywhere!

Fuel Injected!

No knock till 6000rpm then knock everywhere!

Ok I've been watching data stream and history tables and noticed that normal and medium load to 5?00 rpm feels pretty good with nothing but zeros in knock counting history table. But if I full throttle to 6000 or above (6800-7100 rpm redline depending on app) it gets a knock count and then all cells in table it hits will have a knock count history or running count - even idling at a stop. It also did it after a burn out. I have only messed with 1 knock pid pulling knock retard from 40 to 8 degrees in low kpa. It goes away immediately if kill and restart the engine.

1990 2.3l quad-4 Dohc 8707 ECM $8B

I just changed fuel filter to c if it had a high flow clog held there by fuel pressure. Want to try easy stuff before I pull tank to c if something is sucking to pump inlet.
    Just asking to see if there is a knock retard parameter that may keep knock retard on for a long time if it counts a knock? I am not familiar with the knock retard parameters, there's 4 or 5 burst knock pid's then 4 or 5 just knock pid's. I don't know what burst knock is and don't know how to set others so all but one is stock.
    I don't know what I'm doing in this area and thinking knock retard should go away at some point. Anyway any help or ideas is always appreciated!!!!

Edit: Sorry tried to delete thread, I found a degree to retard id set to zero that I had not seen before. Would have changed that before I posted if I seen it.......
    Last edited by BigBanks78; 07-08-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok so nothing I change turn timing retard off

Fuel Injected!
    And it doesn't matter what rpm either. If it gets 1 knock count it it retards timing until engine is shut off. So I just cycle key off and right back on with out stopping and it stops. Is this normal or something??