So, I've got knock counts...alot of them... and I keep getting a handful of cells showing knock retard. I'm starting to think my issue is probably mechanical (bottom end) but I am hoping I'm overlooking something in my tuning. I get the knock retard mostly in the load area (high map / 1600-3600 rpm range). I've continually adjusted the open throttle SA pulling timing out which has only helped a little. I started with a standard vortec timing table and have since slowly pulled timing out. Today, fed up I tried going all the way back to my old swirl port head SA table and the knock retarding was worse or at least more frequent. I'm puzzled because I can't even hear the knocking or pings, not even a little..

So, in regards to timing, I have only adjusted the open and closed SA tables.
- Is there another table (or anything in the bin) that I should be looking at?
- I have eliminated the EGR (and changed a few things to shut it off so i won't get a code), is there something i need to change because the EGR is off?
- Is it possible the knock sensor is bad? It is aftermarket.

i know I'm grasping at straws here guys...I really hate the thought of pulling this engine, especially if it is a programing/tuning issue.

As always, I truly appreciate everyone's help & opinions. Here is a list of the changes I've made.
Vortec heads
Roller Cam (GM #14097395)
-Duration 196/206
-Lift .431/.451
-LSA 109
GMPP Intake (GM #12496821)
TBI "Ultimate Mods"
EP377 Fuel Pump (Currently set at 22psi)
Hypertech Power Bowl
Shorty Headers
Upsized Y-pipe (2" to 2-1/4')
Eliminated catalytic convertor
3" Catback
Eliminated EGR