Thread: Base tune to start a 400SBC 4L60E HSR XE270HR 0411

Fuel Injected!

Base tune to start a 400SBC 4L60E HSR XE270HR 0411

Hi Guys,
    Just trying to fire up my build and it doesn't want to play.
    Checked for all vacuum leaks and plugged them, but it coughs and splutters but no roar.

My build is basically:
    0411PCM x24 tooth reluctor and coil packs.
    400SBC
    HSR with 28lb injectors
    XE270HR cam
    AFR 195s (ported to approx 215)
    10.1 comp
    4L60E
    Current OS is 12225074 but I can use any OS if you can send the full BIN yes?

I'm using MAF /MAP Holden VX Commodore LS1 bin and flashing using dimented's ls1 flash program with an avt-852 cable and tuner pro edit the files. I've removed VATS, got spark and fuel, just not in the right combo.
    No DTCs registering, so I'm assuming? I dropped the vortec dizzy in properly? and the timing is right, but anything could be wrong at this point.

Fuel pressure is set to about 52psi, but tried lower and higher with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Fuel Injected!
    Post the latest version of your bin.

Fuel - assuming this is a returnless system (i.e. no fuel return line on the fuel rail itself). Set the fuel pressure to between 58 PSI and 62 PSI.

I believe EFI Connection's 24x SBC concept required the firing order to be physically adjusted by altering where the connectors (both fuel injector and coil) get plugged in. Have you done this ?

In the calibration, the fuel injector bank assignments get altered, but this is for bank to bank oxygen sensor trims only.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    Post the latest version of your bin.

Fuel - assuming this is a returnless system (i.e. no fuel return line on the fuel rail itself). Set the fuel pressure to between 58 PSI and 62 PSI.

I believe EFI Connection's 24x SBC concept required the firing order to be physically adjusted by altering where the connectors (both fuel injector and coil) get plugged in. Have you done this ?

In the calibration, the fuel injector bank assignments get altered, but this is for bank to bank oxygen sensor trims only.
    Hi, yeah I repinned the firing order for injectors and coils. I'll post the calibration when I'm at the computer.

Edit, here's the file http://pcmhacking.net/forums/download/file.php?id=13025

Fuel Injected!
    VATS has been set to None or Disabed. The tune looks like it should be good enough to start. It is a Holden operating system, yet is set to an F-Body (Camaro) platform - just a bit odd.

The MIL / check engine light likely won't come on - in that era of Holden calibrations the DTCs were set to type C (non-emissions) - but if you use a scanner to check DTCs, there will likely be some being set currently.

I would double check the distributor installation - very easy to be out of phase or off by a tooth or two.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    VATS has been set to None or Disabed. The tune looks like it should be good enough to start. It is a Holden operating system, yet is set to an F-Body (Camaro) platform - just a bit odd.

The MIL / check engine light likely won't come on - in that era of Holden calibrations the DTCs were set to type C (non-emissions) - but if you use a scanner to check DTCs, there will likely be some being set currently.

I would double check the distributor installation - very easy to be out of phase or off by a tooth or two.
    So the dizzy being set wrong wouldn't throw a code?
    I would say the chance I put it in wrong would be highly likely, and the symptoms to be would match up with firing the wrong cylinder at the wrong time, and explain the loud metallic bang if it tried to fire out of sequence yes?

Fuel Injected!
    Both the CMP sensor and CKP sensor send signals to the PCM, even if these signals are out of phase, so their individual DTCs shouldn't be set.

The only DTC that might be set with an out of phase situation is P1345 (CKP / CMP sensor correlation), but in your calibration that DTC is set to Not Reported.