Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $0D 4L60E shift adjustment

Fuel Injected!
    Well after a bit of stuffing around (for some reason my APU1 refused to work with my PCM) I ended up burning a chip to apply the changes.
    I only changed the 3-4 and 4-3 tables and the Yukon accelerates much better up the on ramp with the delayed 3-4 shift.
    The only thing is the gear change and TCC look to be at the same time, where as before there was quite a delay before the TCC would lock. I'm wondering how hard that will be on the TCC clutch?
    I can't find any tables to create a TCC delay after upshift and delay before downshift after TCC unlock, any help would be appreciated.
    I have a 95 trans with a PWM TCC if that makes any difference?

Fuel Injected!
    I've been searching through $0D under the heading "TCC" to see what I can adjust, are the Parameters and tables with "700R4 TCC" heading relevant to what I'm trying to do? Should I just ignore them and only focus on the "4L60E TCC" parameters and tables?

Fuel Injected!
    Are any of the tables below what I need to delay the TCC locking after I upshift in 4th, downshift into 3rd?

Fuel Injected!
    I'd think you need to use those 4 tables under the 4L60e section. What do they look like?

Typically, there are 2 tables or 2 columns to control the TCC. They work like the gear shift table. If the %TPS goes below the lower table it locks and if the %TPS goes above the upper table it unlocks. In between it remains in whatever state it's in.

I doubt you can delay it, but you set the %TPS for TCC unlock under the %TPS downshifting so the TCC unlocks before the downshift happens.

The PWM tables control how hard the TCC clutch engages. You should be able to leave them alone.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the reply, there's not much to look at in the two of the four 4L60E tables.
    I know what I want to try and change but I just can't find anywhere to change it!
    It would be nice if there was a table like the "Upshift/downshift MPH vs TPS" just for the TCC.

Fuel Injected!
    What does the 4th one look like?

The 700R4 tables might be mislabeled. They appear to be what you want to adjust. I just don't know why there are 2 unlock tables.

Fuel Injected!
    These are the only tables left under TCC.
    I'm not sure what all those 125.0 values are meant to represent?
    Maybe you're right about the 700R4 TCC parameters being incorrectly labled.

Fuel Injected!
    PWM is just how hard it locks up. You'll have to experiment with the 700R4 tables.

Fuel Injected!
    Okay so I've had good success with the 4th gear shift tables and the changes I've made to my 3->4 and 4->3 shifts have worked but I've had no luck with TCC control.
    I made a line graph of my settings and then manually plotted the results of a logged test drive shift points onto the graph and as it felt in the truck the graph showed TCC lockup and unlock was pretty much on 4th gear upshift and downshift, not the TCC lock and unlock points shown on the graph.
    Any ideas how I could make TCC work as per the graph, am I using the wrong table?

Fuel Injected!
    What's in the TCC Engage/Release Threshold table?

Fuel Injected!
    Nothing?

Fuel Injected!
    Okay, so instead of using the TP search function I manually looked through the Parameter tree and under the heading "TCC engage/release thresholds" I found the two attached tables. I've now altered those two tables because they look like the best candidates to change the TCC lock/unlock and I'll try them out tomorrow, here's hoping they work.

Fuel Injected!
    Those look like the right tables. I hope they work for you.