Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VSS from Speedo to ECM or DRAC/VSSB 4L60E

DRAC on C3 ECM and VSSB on C4 PCM.

Start a thread, good topic although we haave talked about it I don't think we ever walked through the process. I think I have all the information needed to do this and can tell you why there is some serious issues with writeups on internet with use of DIP switches...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    some serious issues with writeups on internet with use of DIP switches...
    If your talking about the on-line calculator one I think your talking about, I've got a correction list around here somewhere.

Actually we have GM docs of correct locations for jumpers and speeds etc... what I was referring to was using a dip switch recommended does not work, it burns up, I have tried to find one that will handle current but unsuccessful.

-= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    Mine has been working fine with dip switch now for about 5 years.

I'll stop now, until we get a new thread going.

See you proved me wrong. Where did you get the dip switch? I tried three differant brands, they all fried?

No need to stop now, I can split the thread.

-= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    Got it from a local electronics suppler, came two to a package. I should have the other one around here somewhere, I'll let you know the brand when I find it. Also, mine is the small DRAC used with S/T, not the larger one used with full size. Don't know if that matters, but might make a difference.

Wire size on DRAC (what you use) and VSSB are same size. I have burned up dip switches on both. So really interested in one you have. I ended up doing the calculations and soldering in wire/wires in jumpers.

-= =-

Hey Mark If i may say this a company called classic instruments makes a piece to screw on where the cable goes that produces correct output for those swapping from mech to ele speedos....we have had 8 or 10 customers bring them to us to install in the past few years I would call them.....this was meant for the op of this btw.....and about the dip switch thing I need to know because my bosses truck I just soldered in jumpers but it took an hour or so so some dips would have been nice.We got his within 3 percent I think, we did it like a year ago.
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

Vintage Methane Ejector
    Fount it!

The parts are made by Jim-Pak Electronic Components, located in Belmont, CA 94002. I solder the 16MLPJP 16 pin low profile machine tooled IC socket to the board then plugged in a 206-8 8 position DIP switch (both with two legs removed).