Thread: Hey All

Carb and Points!

Hey All

Thanks for letting me in folks! I'm a long-time wrench turner. I own my own little sound and lighting company out here in Nova Scotia and do pretty much all my own truck repairs and service. (tired of paying others to screw it up)

I run three old International diesels that are getting long in the tooth and am in the midst of building a pair of 1994 Topkicks from the ground up. I've replaced the 2 door cabs with 3 door extended units, removed and sold the CAT 3116's and am just finishing rebuilds on a pair of 427td power-plants. I have complete TBI setups from a pair of 1990 GMC buses (6.0 liter) and am now in the process of wiring them up, which is what brought me here!

Please be gentle and patient with me as I delve into the world of tbi chip tuning! I sure hope I can contribute something to the forum in the future.

Cheers!

John E.

Administrator
    Welcome!

It's great to see another spirit. There aren't many people that get excited about playing with medium duty trucks. You might have a little tougher time if you're using governed throttle bodies as the ecm's have very little support, but I'm betting we can help get the basics set up for you.