Thread: 1995 Chevy Silverado 5.7l Logs and Confussion

Carb and Points!

1995 Chevy Silverado 5.7l Logs and Confussion

Hello,

My brother is a Marine and is coming home soon. We restored his truck and Edelbrock helped sponsor the job by providing us heads, intake manifold, cam, headers and the chip to "richen" up the system. The truck is mechanically sound, but ever since the modifications, we cannot get it to run well. It seems to fall on its face and it is apparent that it is running lean. We replaced the injectors with the factory spec. We replaced the fuel pump with the 831 from the 1996 silverado. In an attempt to solve the lean condition, we have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator set at 15psi. In short, we have decided that we need to attempt to look at the tune and see if it is something that may be caused by Edelbrock's tuning. I have uploaded a few logs, one idle and one at 40 - 50% throttle. It is knocking, but what bothers be more is that the o2 sensor doesn't seem to oscillate during the 40% throttle run. If any of you have time, please look at these short logs and let me know what direction you would head in this situation. Thank you!

ECM: 7427
    Log at idle: https://youtu.be/wkHIlCrp3oQ
    Log at 40% throttle: https://youtu.be/URMJ_mCXCO4

I also have some WOT logs. Thank you for any advice you may have for us!

jake

I would need the complete .xdl file (TunerPro RT data log file) and the .bin file used for data logging to help Tune.

Maybe Wide Band O2 (WBO2) Tuning is an option? Here is my link to WBO2 Tuning: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...g)-Spreadsheet

At WOT the computer will normally lock the BLM's @ 128, so the O2 sensor voltages you are seeing are mostly normal for WOT. The best method I know of for Tuning WOT is with a WBO2.

dave w

Attached are couple screen shots of what I'd like to do to help with the BLM's.

dave w