Thread: 91 Burb - 454/7060 ECM - Data log and questions

Electronic Ignition!

91 Burb - 454/7060 ECM - Data log and questions

Just started on this new project, 1991 2wd Burb with a 454, 4L80E etc. I've been wrenching for 20+ years and mostly a GM guy, but I am somewhat new to TBI ECM tinkering.

Truck has 140K miles, modification history is unknown. What I've done so far:

- New EP241 fuel pump, filter.
    - Cleaned up TBI, new pressure regulator spring (factory) and diaphragm, fuel pressure set at 13PSI, reused injectors, visual spray pattern looks fairly conical (I found a yellow regulator spring when I was cleaning up)
    - New Distributor, cap, plugs
    - Set base timing at 6 DBTDC - with ECM timing connector open
    - Removed the RWAL brake controller and bypassed the dump valve - all was defective and set the Parking warning lite. (I mention this just in-case it sets some ECM flag)

The truck runs pretty good, my current goal is a baseline cleanup in preparation for a mild towing 496 build this winter.

Below is a link to the last datalog (ALDL Droid with Red Devil River interface), apologize in advance as it was mostly a errand run and pretty big, but there is one example of a full throttle run, starting at spreadsheet index 16890.

A few questions:

- Why does it appear to stay in Closed loop even when at 100% throttle? My understanding is that TBI setups switch to open loop when above about 70% throttle or so.
    - During the same 100% throttle run, any ideas what is causing the lean blip? (WB O2 will get installed when I do the exhaust)
    - According to the datalog the torque converter is not being told to lock? This is hard for me to verify as the truck is a 2500, 14FF, no tach, and rides like a log wagon, hard to tell by the seat of the pants.
    - I can't seem to find any info on the following columns: Loop Exceeded 6.25mS, Negative Slip Preventing Apply?
    - Any other interesting observations from the log file?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...W9lWGN1dUNUeEk

Many thanks
    Andy

Electronic Ignition!
    Probably also worth mentioning, I'm using the $85-16147060-V4.4.adx file when data logging.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thought of another question. It appears that the 4L80E internal trans temp sensor is wired to D15 of the 7060 ECM. Is it possible to add this definition to the .adx file?

Electronic Ignition!
    One piece of additional info on the TCC issue. Today I tested lock-up manually by jumping F to A on the ALDL and the TCC instantly locked.

Any other thoughts on what else could be holding this out from working automatically?

Electronic Ignition!
    Given the 7080 is kinda an odd duck, and my future engine plans call for a bored TBI, chip programmer etc, for not that much more money I could move to something like a Holley Terminator EFI.

One hold up to this is the Speedo and cruise. I can't find a full wiring dia for this truck, anybody have any insight, does the Speedo and cruise do through the ECM? My goal would be to completely remove the stock 7080, keeping the factory cruise and Speedo.