Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $0D vs $E6 for 16168625 BBMC - 1993 K1500

Hey Fast355. Thanks for the reply. What I can tell you is that my truck has the 4L60E and the Autoprom will only connect in passthru mode with an 0E mask. It's an old truck and who knows what previous owners have done. The BCC is BBMC and there does not seem to be much info on it out there. It figures I would get an odd ball.

Fuel Injected!
    I have some tuning knowledge for you that I will post when I have not been out having drinks with the coworkers. Some starting tips and what not.

BBMC is a E6 mask according to the BCC lockup spreadsheet I got from moates.net years ago. It is a 1993 calibration for a 5.7 using the 16168625 ECM. Given the changes you have made to your engine, I would start with a BJYL bin ($0D mask), then modify the timing tables for the vortec heads. Search the forum, there is a lot of good advice on what to change. Fast355 is being modest, he can help you dial in your rebuilt engine fairly quickly.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

@Jim - Everything I've found online tells me that BBMC is an $E6 mask. The funny thing is that that Autoprom won't connect and show data unless I have an $0E adx file loaded.

@New - I am going to order the HDR1 tomorrow. Should have followed your advice a year ago. Still gonna play around with what I can scour off the net before reading the stock BIN. Best case is that ordering tomorrow gets me the hdr1 bu next Wednesday. Sounds like I can always just plug in the stock Memcal and go back to square one so not too much risk.

@Fast - looking forward to starting tips. Very much wanting to learn and then be able to contribute back. Next rounds on me :cheers:

Fuel Injected!
    You are doing something wrong with the $E6 adx then. I just checked and the datastream is nearly identical between $OE and $E6. That explains why you can successfully use the $OE adx with your setup. Maybe you should try re-downloading the $E6 adx and trying again. The commands sent to retrieve the data are identical, the return packet size is identical, and nearly all of the layout is the same. As proof you should see constant knock retard using the $OE adx because $E6 reports "FINAL AIR/FUEL VALUE" in byte 56, whereas a real $OE operating system reports "KNOCK RETARD". Without taking too much time to study them that's the only difference that I see.

Hey newellshk, I agree. Something very strange going on here. I have abandoned any worry about what the stock BIN and mask is in my truck for right now. I have shifted my efforts to getting BJYL running under emulation. Things were going OK until I started having weird problems with the tach on the TP dash. I just made a different post about that. I did order the HDR1 from Moates and it will be here next week. Once I get it I will read the stock BIN and update this thread with what is really going on.

Hey newellshk, I tried redownloading the E6 xdf and adx again. I still get the same result. The tuner pro dash just doesn't give information that I can trust. TPS doesn't respond to throttle changes and Desired engine RPM says 0.

Things seem to work okay under emulation with BJYL, Advanced 0D TP5 v251.xdf, and A217 0D TP5 v250.ads.

I also read my stock memcal. Tried running it under emulation with the E6 mask and basically the same. TPS voltage doesn't change when I mash the throttle. Throttle position doesn't change when I mash the throttle. By the way - TPS voltage and throttle position work under emulation with BJYL and 0D. Everything else seems to work as well.

First data logs!

Tried to drive around my neighborhood today. The truck runs awful. No power, will not rev, can't go much faster than 5 MPH. Some data logs attached. Running under emulation.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: xdl 6.xdl (39.1 KB, 1 views)
    • File Type: xdl 7.xdl (66.9 KB, 0 views)

Looks like I was pretty wrong on this. Pulled down the stock BIN the other day and things looks like it is E6. Learning a lot. All good.