Thread: $0D vs $E6 for 16168625 BBMC - 1993 K1500

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So Jim, what you are saying is that 0D is the latest BCC available with the best and most up to date comments. If that is the case than I am sold.

I will get the ADX without the word Trans in it. In fact, I will get these 2 files:

A217 $0D TP5 v250.adx (131.4 KB, 299 views)
    Advanced $0D TP5 v251.xdf (1.30 MB, 654 views)

Next step will be to know what bin to use. My BBC is BBMC but I don't see a 0D bin file for that BCC.

My truck is 4WD with 3.42 gears....for now :-)

So these look promising:

BDJZ 93 C-K Truck 5.7TBI 4l60e with 3.73 or 3.42 gears.BIN (64.0 KB, 151 views)
    BDKP 93 C-K Truck 5.7TBI 4l60e with 3.73 3.08 or 3.42 gears.bin (64.0 KB, 39 views)
    BDJY-93-1500-4wd-5.7-4l60e.bin (64.0 KB, 86 views)

I am still confused on the differences between the Trans and non Trans versions. I would like to one day get a higher stall converter so I will probably need to do some transmission tuning. Can you clue me in more on the differences with the trans ADX and "regular" ADX files?

Thanks!

AC

Fuel Injected!
    I think that the trans adx sends different aldl mode commands to get transmission specific logging data instead of the normal engine data, but i haven't actually looked at it. The non-trans adx still has some trans info though. Looking through an E6 log it shows brake switch, four wheel drive low, range selector, shift solenoids, and a bunch of TCC stuff, along with vehicle speed and engine speed (so you could calculate torque converter slip etc).

Also note that you can(should?) load the E6 adx and do some logs before you try to start with an OD bin. That might give you some baselines to look at in case there are any initial problems to work out.

No, $0D was the mask, the BCCS are calibrations. The BCCS changed from year to year and model to model. I have an 8625 I pulled from a 93 s10 I used to own, it has a V8 memcal with $0D mask and a stock BCC in it. It works in my truck, but I haven't permanently installed it. Right now I am running a 7747 with $42 mask and asdu as the BCC. I should convert it over, just too busy. It would be a big upgrade for my truck, so I will get to it someday.

I use ASM11 to assemble the source code. It is a two step procedure as the assembler turns the source code into a Motorola format that gets converted to a bin file with another program. I am on my phone, so I don't have the name of the program right now.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Right to the point: I can't find a BIN for BBMC anywhere online. I don't have a hdr1 memcal header to read my stock bin and honestly I am impatient. I need some advice /help on what to do next.

My questions
    Do I even need the BIN for BBMC? Can I just load these ADX and XDF files and run off emulation?

A217 $0D TP5 v250.adx (131.4 KB, 391 views)
    Advanced $0D TP5 v251.xdf (1.30 MB, 798 views)
    By the way I found these here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0D

If the answer is yes I can, will I be able to burn a chip for a more permanent install? I don't want to drive around with the laptop connected all the time :-)

So here is the backstory in case you were wondering:

Wow it's been a year! Long story short, not long after starting down this road the truck dropped the exhaust valve on the #7 cylinder. I got lucky and it didn't hurt the cylinder or bore. So I went ahead and did a top end rebuild. Truck is now setup rwith: TBI to Vortec intake manifold, new Vortec 906 heads, new camshaft Speed-Pro Emission Legal Performance Camshafts CS-1014R (204/214 duration at .50 and .420/.433 lift with LSA at 112), Innovative motorsports MTX-L wideband O2 sensor, new distributor, new fuel pump (AC Delco EP 381), new Aeromotive FPR. The truck runs and drives but honestly not very well.

So I am back to learning about all this Tuner Pro stuff. I now know that the truck is BBMC with mask $0E and I have done a few trips around my neighborhood messing around with data logging. I understand the whole mask situation a lot better. I don't understand the XDF, emulation, and really don't know what my next steps need to be. I am really confused because everything I find online for 16168625 seems to use $E6 but my truck clearly has $0E (I say this because the only adx file that will connect is an $0E mask).

Fuel Injected!
    Emulation still requires that you have a bin on your computer. So you either have to read your current bin after getting the adapter, or start with a different bin. If you start with a different bin you'll want to start with one that matches your setup as closely as possible so you don't have to spend a ton of time just getting back to where you are currently. On that same page you found the xdf/adx you can choose any of those bins and should eventually be able to get it setup properly. "BJLH 94 C-K Truck 5.7TBI 4l60e with 3.73 or 3.42 gears.BIN" might be a good starting point.

You can download as many of those as you want, open them along with the xdf in tunerpro, and using the Compare functionality along with the Tools -> Difference Tool can figure out what settings differ between them.

Once you have a bin that is setup properly for your vehicle you can follow moates's instructions for uploading the bin to the autoprom while it's connected to the ecu in your truck. After that you should be able to turn the key on and get the normal check engine light behavior and go from there. If the check engine light blinks a bunch then you've done something wrong. You can always just pop your current memcal back in so there isn't a huge risk in playing around with it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Right to the point: I can't find a BIN for BBMC anywhere online. I don't have a hdr1 memcal header to read my stock bin and honestly I am impatient. I need some advice /help on what to do next.

My questions
    Do I even need the BIN for BBMC? Can I just load these ADX and XDF files and run off emulation?

A217 $0D TP5 v250.adx (131.4 KB, 391 views)
    Advanced $0D TP5 v251.xdf (1.30 MB, 798 views)
    By the way I found these here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0D

If the answer is yes I can, will I be able to burn a chip for a more permanent install? I don't want to drive around with the laptop connected all the time :-)

So here is the backstory in case you were wondering:

Wow it's been a year! Long story short, not long after starting down this road the truck dropped the exhaust valve on the #7 cylinder. I got lucky and it didn't hurt the cylinder or bore. So I went ahead and did a top end rebuild. Truck is now setup rwith: TBI to Vortec intake manifold, new Vortec 906 heads, new camshaft Speed-Pro Emission Legal Performance Camshafts CS-1014R (204/214 duration at .50 and .420/.433 lift with LSA at 112), Innovative motorsports MTX-L wideband O2 sensor, new distributor, new fuel pump (AC Delco EP 381), new Aeromotive FPR. The truck runs and drives but honestly not very well.

So I am back to learning about all this Tuner Pro stuff. I now know that the truck is BBMC with mask $0E and I have done a few trips around my neighborhood messing around with data logging. I understand the whole mask situation a lot better. I don't understand the XDF, emulation, and really don't know what my next steps need to be. I am really confused because everything I find online for 16168625 seems to use $E6 but my truck clearly has $0E (I say this because the only adx file that will connect is an $0E mask).
    I have never seen an OE mask that was not a 4L80E.

Hey Fast355. Thanks for the reply. What I can tell you is that my truck has the 4L60E and the Autoprom will only connect in passthru mode with an 0E mask. It's an old truck and who knows what previous owners have done. The BCC is BBMC and there does not seem to be much info on it out there. It figures I would get an odd ball.

Fuel Injected!
    I have some tuning knowledge for you that I will post when I have not been out having drinks with the coworkers. Some starting tips and what not.

BBMC is a E6 mask according to the BCC lockup spreadsheet I got from moates.net years ago. It is a 1993 calibration for a 5.7 using the 16168625 ECM. Given the changes you have made to your engine, I would start with a BJYL bin ($0D mask), then modify the timing tables for the vortec heads. Search the forum, there is a lot of good advice on what to change. Fast355 is being modest, he can help you dial in your rebuilt engine fairly quickly.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Looks like I was pretty wrong on this. Pulled down the stock BIN the other day and things looks like it is E6. Learning a lot. All good.