Hello,

For the most part I am a total newbie and just getting started. Back in the early 2000's in successfully installed a Haltech E6K on a Turbo RX7 so I am not completely new to EFI tuning. That said, it has been 15 years and this is a lot different. I have TunerPro RT downloaded and setup, and I have downloaded a few bins and XDFs and done some exploring/familiarization but all just sitting in the recliner with the laptop.

My setup: Bone stock 1993 K1500 with 16128225 BBMC memcal. 5.7 TBI, 3.42 gears, 4L60E. AutoProm APU1 USB version from moates. Using TunerPro RT v5. I have installed the G1 header into the ECU and that is where I have stopped.

For now I just want to get a tune going that will run the stock truck reliably. My thinking is that this will allow me to get my feet wet and learn the basics before I start changing stuff. Then the fun starts :-)

The upgrade path, in this order, will be
Phase I: Wideband O2 sensor, new GMPP distributor, new fuel pump (AC Delco EP 381), new Aeromotive FPR

Phase II: New 4.56 gears (front and rear), new catback exhaust, I will change out the stock Y-collector, planing to keep stock exhaust manifolds for now (emissions)

Phase III: GMPP TBI to Vortec intake manifold w/ new Vortec heads, new camshaft (204/214 duration at .50 and .420/.433 lift with LSA at 112).

All of these goodies are sitting in my garage right now :-)

I have spent about 20 hours reading, searching, and planning everything out. I think I have reached the point of no return and now is the time to waive the flag and ask for help. Hopefully you guys will find me worthy and hopefully I have put in enough time to justify starting yet another newbie thread :-)

Despite all the reading, I can't seem to find much on my truck with the BBMC and I really don't understand all this yet. My head is really swimming with all this MEMCAL, BBC, Mask, BIN Definition files, and Datastream Definition files. I am learning though and hopefully it will sink in.

So here is the first question.

1) I need a BIN file to start with. What is your recommendation for BIN and then the associated XDF, and ADX?

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-E6 tells me to use $E6 but Dave at Moates recommends $0D. He says he always uses $0D for 4L60E trucks. I do not doubt his recommendation but I would like to understand why this forum says E6 and Dave says 0D.

Thanks Everyone, I am really looking forward to this journey.

AC