Thread: Hello all! Thank you!!!

Carb and Points!

Hello all! Thank you!!!

Hello to all!
    Thank you to everyone who started this forum!
    I was refered here by the fella that made the ALDLDroid app I don't know his user name... Thanks to him as well...

I am about midway into a 97 Astro 94 Roadmaster LT1 swap...

If anyone has completed a similar swap i.e. obd1 LT1 into an obd2 shell and built their own wiring harnesses and would like to share ideas please pm or reply inline...

I registred both vehicles with alldata and would be happy to share trade diagrams etc. (fairly complete I think) if it is allowed...
    Again, thanks and hope to hear from someone soon!

Carb and Points!
    Duh, I forgot to state why I was building this truck...
    I started a mobile mechanic business and have been working out of an '01 Legacy wagon for a year now... (see below)
    I got the van and its bretheren (a '00 and '02 awd astros) In the first trade deal I made. I also got the LT1 Roadmaster in a trade deal some months later...
    I wanted to build a micro budget hotrod work truck. The Junk Yard Dog.
    Keeping in the tradition of when I was a kid and took 2 broken bikes and put together a working one.
    Something I would not be afraid to take to the dragstrip or roadcourse on the weekend and tear the hell out of for advertising sake and if I wreck it just drag it home and do a heart transplant into one of the other vans haha...
    It would of course be wearing the 6' long foot high 5" aluminum wrench sign I hand built from scrap... (currently afixed to the wagon)
    I figure that if garages, speed, and machine shops go racing so should I...
    Also if the guy acting tough in the GT mustang next to me gets his a$$ handed to him by a busted old junk yard dog (farmtruck comes to mind) he might just call the number on the back and ask how he can wrangle some more ponies out of his ride...
    Last edited by 97LT1Astro; 05-19-2016 at 08:34 AM.