Thread: tunercat tunning

Fuel Injected!

tunercat tunning

hello everybody how are you so a friend gave me his tunercat obd2 tunning software with the obd2 box that use winflash

i want to tune car 2007-2016 5.3/6.0/6.2 GM to add more horsepower and seeing another friend with HP tuner he data log eand uses wide band

how can i data log with tunercat i know i need to buy another software but what is it that will work with the same cable and what wideband will work also thanks for help

You are looking at using something like Palmer software and ELM327 based device or one of the ADC AVT852s.

Electronic Ignition!
    I remember wanting to use the TC cable to data log also bu that was just a wish that never came true. Its just too slow and I think westers garage had something but thats not current anymore. I ended up using an autotap ATUSB cable and a registered copy of EFI live Scan only. This "worked" You can find these on ebay for about $75. Make sure it has the registration code for efi live. Then email paul blackmore at efi live for a new V7 registration. GL
    Tuner Cats OBDII
    Efi Live Flashscan V2
    ScanXL Pro OBDlink MX Innovate LM1
    2005 Tahoe LS 1996 Saturn SL1

Fuel Injected!
    ok what about the wideband ?

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by aboturky View Post
    ok what about the wideband ?
    you can send a simulated signal back out and pick it up via an AC signal in Efi live. This is why i finally bought the efi live.
    Tuner Cats OBDII
    Efi Live Flashscan V2
    ScanXL Pro OBDlink MX Innovate LM1
    2005 Tahoe LS 1996 Saturn SL1

Fuel Injected!
    will i think if i buy an hptuner for data logging along with the wideband will be a good idea correct ? and use tunercat for tuning

That's what I have been doing Tune with TC/scan with HP.. TC is way less expensive if you are doing multiple vehicles, but the lack of diagnostic software makes things difficult. I have multiple diagnostic cables and software, but recently purchased the HP Tuner suite. I use it mostly for the diagnostic portion (scanner) and for applications that TC does not offer. HP has a very active Forum for support and the diagnostic software is well integrated with the editing program. Money well spent for my situation.

Steve
    1995 Z28 Camaro Turbo PT76GTS 9.61@ 148
    1995 TransAm ProCharger D-1 10.52@ 142

Oh, I think you need to purchase the "Pro" version to allow for the addition of logging WB data. I think several years ago there was a program for the TC cable "Monodax", but it never was very functional and I think they bailed out on the development.

Steve

'
    1995 Z28 Camaro Turbo PT76GTS 9.61@ 148
    1995 TransAm ProCharger D-1 10.52@ 142

Fuel Injected!
    There is an adx for VPW cars but thats one generation earlier. There is absolutely no reason it couldnt be adapted to can bus cars and would work but someone needs to do it. There is a version of the AVT cable (the tunercat cable) which has analog input and this can be used for wideband as the adx can read those inputs. If you have the electronics skills you can fit the wideband (analog input) to the TC cable, its only a couple of components and a header.

Attached is pics of the stock cable, and with the analog input components added. Also the labeling for the ADC channels on the case.

The VPW adx with wideband was written Jayme from pcmhacking and is here: http://pcmhacking.net./forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2314

Can bus is a bit tricky as the data in the headers is not all 8 bits so you need to look at it on the bit level, but it can be done.

The components are:

D2, D5, D8 are MMBZ27VCLT1G TVS Diode Arrays 27V 225mW Dual Common Cathode
    D3,D4,D6,D7,D9,D10 are Fairchild SS14 Schottky Diodes & Rectifiers SMA 40V 1.0A
    Last edited by antus; 07-07-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Carb and Points!
    I had a similar question on what is best to datalog with. I was using a old serial based HP tuners, but that died so now I'm left with nothing. I really don't want to buy the newer full version of HP tuners, just want a good data logger and it would be nice to have something with bidirectional support too.