Thread: Transmission Troublecode Woes

Carb and Points!

Transmission Troublecode Woes

I'm using Jet DST. I bricked the PCM that was in my 97 T/A trying to tune it. Ordered a Cardone remanufactured unit, read the tune, changed the settings to match the tune file from a 96 Firehawk M6 on here. At first I had a shit-ton of A4 related codes in it because I accidentally clicked in the box for Electronic Trans Option. Fixed that, played with the settings some to add some power, the usual stuff. The car is now running awesome except! I still get a P0740, 753, and 758 within 20 seconds of starting the car or clearing the codes. Any ideas?
    1997 Pontiac Trans Am M6 - Tatiana
    -Lobotomy Count: 1

1991 Jeep Comanche - Can't even find a DRB 2

billygraves
    These are TCC, Shift Sol A and B electrical diagnostic codes. Turn them off within the Diag Executive. Or Turn these codes off in the DTC Type to X. But if they are "X"ed out, the codes still runs in the software, the code just does not report. Best to disable the spec diag code.

Carb and Points!
    I tried X'ing out those codes in the Transmission Diagnostics switches last night but it still logged those fault codes almost immediately. I'm not seeing Diag Executive listed anywhere on the DST Tuner program.

billygraves
    You may not in the correct area of the cal. These are trans codes and should be turned off within the trans diag area. You can set these Type B codes to X. This will stop the code from reporting.
    You may have a set up (Jet) that is not addressed correctly to the DTC or you could have missed the trans area to turn off the code. You might have turned these off in the engine area.

Carb and Points!
    I clicked Switches at the top of the Tuner window, clicked Transmission Diagnostics in the dropdown menu, then clicked in the box beside the 3 codes so there's a little x in them. The codes still set.

I'm also curious as to why it's throwing these codes to begin with.

Carb and Points!
    Figured it out. The problem was I had modified the tune that came from Cardone on the remanufactured PCM so it was set up to be able to run an A4 car or an M6 car just to get you to the dealer or a shop for it to be reflashed. I just flashed a stock 97 Camaro M6 tune that I found on this glorious site to the PCM, hooked it up to the car, turned it on and no trouble codes set even with it running for 5 minutes. Now to copy and paste my tweaks over to it.