Thread: OSTRICH OR BURN

Fuel Injected!

OSTRICH OR BURN

OK after reading on this forum and watching for sometime I believe I will give myself a try at some basic tuning, first thing I would like to do is my idle. would I be better off using the ostrich or burning a memcal I data log with aldldroid and would like to use that to tune with. burning would be more affordable for me but changing on the fly I think might work better for idle adjustments. I have a 7727 ecm on a 90 TPI corvette.

Fuel Injected!
    If you are on a budget, I'd recommend getting the Ostrich. It took awhile of waiting to pick up an Ostrich on ebay for 120 and I LOVE IT!

With the Burn 2, you will have to burn a chip, test the change, readjust, erase the chip, test it, and maybe change it again. I did that for a while, but with a much cheaper eprom programmer.

It got to be a pain in the butt.

When I got the Ostrich, I regretted not buying one a long time ago. One thing to note, and this has been my experience, is that when you make changes, you have to give the ECM some time to catch up. It seemed to me that any time I made minor changes in the VE table, I got funky readings until the ECM figured out there was a change then adjusted as needed.

You won't regret getting the Ostrich if you do, but make sure that your ECM won't require the socket booster.

Other's may suggest the Autoprom, which I have no experience with, but it appears to be worth the price.

Ostrich (or other emulator, like the AutoProm) for sure. It's much easier to see the changes when they happen in real time than testing by burning and getting back to the same operating conditions.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the input.