I've researched this topic a little bit and haven't found much. I understand why this would be important with cam changes, raised idles, and low vacuum idles. Most of what i found people tend to set the RPM boundaries as 1200/1800/2800or3000 and MAP boundaries as 50/70/90. also doubling the hysteresis for both RPM and MAP to 200rpm and 4kpa, which i see why to prevent unnecessary switching between cells.

To better understand the boundaries I took a simple datalog exported to csv and filtered out any data containg cells 16-18, 0% TPS, PE, cold temps. I then made a scatter plot of MAP vs. RPM and drew the factory boundary lines in red RPM 700/1200/2000 and MAP 32/50/80. Looking at this, one can easily see how the factory settings can compress a lot of driving conditions to a few cells while not touching others. (See Attached picture)

My goal in all this is to better spread the BLM cells over real world driving conditions in order to give the computer more resolution thus improving part-throttle driveability.

My questions are:
1.) I see why people don't bother to set the upper rpm limit any higher than 3000rpm as this also tends to be the cut off for VE tuning if you plan to switch back to a maf. conditions above 3000rpm you tend be in PE mode? and not part throttle driving, though this might not always be the case? So how high would it be safe to consider setting the upper RPM limit to better spread the BLM cells across real world driving conditions?

2.) For setting the lower MAP boundary should this go off of what your lowest idle KPa is? or a bit higher than this value?

3.) acceptable hysteresis settings for a larger-than-stock cam? I know many aftermarket cams tend to lope. so how much hysteresis is too little? how much is too much?

I'm all ears to any suggestions for RPM and MAP boundary or hysteresis settings or just any input that can help me understand the boundaries better.