Thread: Looking for input on tuning BLM Cell Boundaries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Lionelhutz!

attached below is the same type of graph as last time but it has the updated cell boundaries I used to generate this new data.

the PDF is just a simple table that counts the number of times each cell was "hit".

it has definitely improved as now all 16 cells are utilized versus just a few.

The lower MAP setting I used of 45KPa seems a little high. Your suggestion of 30KPa as the lower bound is even less than the factory setting of 32KPa. With the factory settings it rarely ever touched any 0-32KPa cells .

Fuel Injected!
    Cell 1 is seeing way more hits than any other, so why don't you make that cell smaller. The top and right rows in your pdf are seeing few hits so you might as well lower those outer boundaries.

Did you setup the spreadsheet so you could vary the boundaries and see how it affects the number of hits in each cell?

Fuel Injected!
    I took your advice and made spreadsheet with variable boundaries to see how it affects each cell.

The trouble im having now is finding the right balance between spreading the cells evenly while maintaining boundaries that make sense. for example one of the best boundary settings in the spreadsheet yielded rpm boundaries of 1900/2100/2800 and map boundaries of 39/50/65.

Those map boundaries seem ok but only a 200rpm difference between low and mid doesnt seem correct even if it does spread them the best.

Fuel Injected!
    You can always try it a few ways and see if different settings actually make noticable a difference. Maybe compromise a bit and push 2100 a little higher and 2800 a little lower and go with it. In the big scheme of things, I would expect that if you get the VE and MAF tables fairly accurate that it won't make a huge difference where these cells boundaries are exactly anyways.

You're working on $EE, right?

Fuel Injected!
    yes this on $EE.

yeah in the grand scheme of things i know this isn't make or break, and seeing as how its already utilizing more cells ive definitely achieved my goal. I know its impossible to get a complete even spread between cells simply because theres certain RPM's & MAP's the engine is always going to operate more in versus others. I'll probably do one or two more revisions, then remind myself to stop being a perfectionist, call it good and move on.

thanks for your help and advice.