Thread: Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Hi everyone, I'm here to learn and eager to do so after speaking with Mark.I am more than willing to help anyone I can and really appreciate any help I recieve.I have been in the scene of automotive repair for over ten years grew up around many different types of cars and all my family turns wrenches it seems.I however am the only one that really appreciates fuel injection ....probably because I couldnt get a carb to work if it was running when it came in lol...sorry if I say something ignorant as I have learned there are some very intelligent people on here I will say something retarded and my typing is not great either....thank you

Did you get hooked up to MrHydes truck?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

working on that mark lol im trying to get a little more comfortable with a much closer to stock truck.Im kinda gun shy around mr hydes at the second or at least till i have this stuff a little better understood.But thank you very much and i have spent past 2 days pretty much playing with my bosses just trying to become familiar with what works for instance took me 20 mins to figur out if i dont turn the key off before upload emulator that it spits a cel lol

Administrator
    Howdy!

But thank you very much and i have spent past 2 days pretty much playing with my bosses just trying to become familiar with what works
    That's brilliant! Instead of being late because you have car trouble, you can be late because you know the boss will have car trouble! Wish I'd thought of that.

Here's a tip. If anyone's watching you work with the laptop make sure you frown a lot and hold your chin like you're thinking about solving world hunger. When you start charging for this stuff you'll get extra for all the "hard work" they saw you do.

Go carefully and make sure you keep a stock chip handy at all times and you'll probably be ok.

Here's a tip. If anyone's watching you work with the laptop make sure you frown a lot and hold your chin like you're thinking about solving world hunger. When you start charging for this stuff you'll get extra for all the "hard work" they saw you do
    That's how I look when trying to figure out what someone else did to tune before but still don't run right... like early aftermarket chips that raised coolant temp, so car was to add fuel... so car was always in choke...

Yes I'm serious, found another last week. I now do a compare to stock bin first and if I see no inteligent changes imediatly I look at temp, then if no change just start with stock chip. Much faster then trying to find what's wrong... then tune properly.

But you forgot, push a lot of buttons, then look of disgust, then a lot of delete buttons and smile...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Howdy!

That's brilliant! Instead of being late because you have car trouble, you can be late because you know the boss will have car trouble! Wish I'd thought of that.

Here's a tip. If anyone's watching you work with the laptop make sure you frown a lot and hold your chin like you're thinking about solving world hunger. When you start charging for this stuff you'll get extra for all the "hard work" they saw you do.

Go carefully and make sure you keep a stock chip handy at all times and you'll probably be ok.

haha yeah well at least i have it made i have my laptop setup on my tool box right now sitting on my stool in the shop I have it made here but yeah.I made some very subtle changes to his truck working on his ve tables and the truck is starting to come to life,throttle response 10x better and hes happy as could be,,,so thanks guys you all have been a big help,
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol