Thread: 4l60e plus carb

Carb and Points!

4l60e plus carb

I'm looking for some information on a 4l60e and carb project using a 7427 pcm

for a little back ground I was running a 280zx with a 350, tuned port and 4l60e. I recently upgraded to vortec heads and had to do away with the tune port injection. In my quest to get the 4l60e working properly I have come up with a lot of problems and questions.

currently I'm stuck in limp mode running the following sensors.
    tps,coolant,knock,map,oxygen, HEI dizzy. HEI tach wire is hooked up to pcm purple wire for tach signal.
    i would like to remove the wiring and sensors for the knock, oxygen and map. Will removing these cause any issues? I also have the following codes and cannot get them to go away

22 tps sensor low ( I believe this to be the limp mode issues) also I have a remote mount tps.
    33 map sensor high
    42 ignition error (will this cause limp mode and how do I satisfie the computer)

with code 22 I can only get .4 or .8v for some reason I have no in between (I have tried a new sensor)

will the ignition code and map code cause a limp home condition?

I plan on pulling my harnes and checking the wiring and removing any unused wiring. I feel a wiring issues is more then likely the cause of me not getting proper tps voltage and I will address that tonight,

soo this leaves me with what do about the other codes? Do I just uncheck all of the codes that don't apply to the transmission? And has any one made a bin that removes all the fuel and spark related code? What codes will cause a limp mode condition for this transmission?

this pcm seems very capable of stand alone for the transmission. Some one needs to cut the fat out of this pcm for a transmission only version.

Fuel Injected!
    If you were successfully running the 7427 and 4l60e with some $OD code, you could have just swapped in the carb, left the injector wires disconnected, taken out any egr coding, got a correct reading tps and as long as the carb was keeping reasonable afr's the 7427 wouldn't be any the wiser. I run a7427 and a megasquirt and switch the fueling between the two quite regularly. I would say your problem now is the tps is not correct and the tach wire off a standard hei won't run the 7427 so you will probably be in limp until those are fixed.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

Why not put a throttle body on the engine? You have the PCM to run it already...
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    What is the TPS voltage at closed throttle? If it is below .49ish volts, check the signal feed wire at the TPS connector and verify you have 5volts, also check to make sure the ground in good. Actually, if you have done some swapping around make sure the PCM grounds are all connected to known good grounds, especially the sensor grounds.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!